Culver's / concrete mixer

1 Galena, IL, United States Review updated:

My friend and I ordered two plain vanilla concrete mixers. Upon eating we noticed a gritty substance on the spoon. At first i kept thinking it was just me until i asked my friend and he had it as well. Meanwhile a bus with at least 40 people had arrived clogging the counter and keeping us from going to the counter. In the meantime i ended up flagging down three staff members as they delivered the food to different tables. we proceeded to eat the rest and it wasn't great. finally we got an answer it was from being cleaned overnight and they were little chunks from starting up the machine. well it was 6pm in the afternoon? she did not offer a coupon or anything else and we didn't ask but I am complaining to the world now. the problem could have been solved easily with supplying a replacement coupon for another time. DO NOT ORDER THE CONCRETE MIXERS unless you want real sand and gravel in your ice cream.

Comments

• Bl
      31st of Jul, 2011

I ordered 2 "Butterfinger" Concret Mixer from the Culver's in Plymouth, Wisconsin today (7/31/11) and when the girl in the driver thru window them to me, one of them had ice cream smeared all over the plastic cover be fore I even handled it - which end up dripping all over my center console in my car before I noticed. When I attempted to use one of the 4-5 napkins she handed me, ever napkin was also full of dripping ice cream. But the REAL REASON for my complaint is that after I drove the three mile home to share with my family, it appeared that the Butterfinger "mixer" was nothing more then a few broken candy bar bits sprinked lightly over the top - NOT MIXED in the ice cream. It looked like they used 1 "miniture Butterfinger" candy split between 2 Mixers - CHEAP & SKIMPY !!!

• Br
      17th of Jul, 2012

It's amazing how a one time mishap can ruin your whole experience with an entire food chain... craziness