Cub Cadet / rt 35 rear tine tiller

1 United States

I bought this tiller from Tractor Supply in April of 2017. After getting it home, I noticed that one of the tires wouldn't stay inflated. I returned the tire to Tractor Supply and was given a replacement from a returned tiller. I used the tiller to turn over my garden. The total run time for my work was around an hour. I had used gasoline treated with "StaBil" (as I do in all of my other machines) so I left what fuel was left in the tiller and put it in the shed. This spring, I couldn't get the tiller to even try to run. I was advised by customer service at Cub Cadet to only use "TruFuel" and not to use gas station gasoline in the machine. I was told that the carb was probably all gunked up (after 1 hour of use and storage) and I should take it to an authorized repair shop. They confirmed that that the carb needed an overhaul and I was charged $100 for that service (fuel issues are not covered by warranty — reasonable.). This was done on May 30th. I filled the tank with TruFuel and tilled my garden. I took my tiller out a couple weeks ago, and AGAIN it wouldn't start. I took it back to the authorized repair facility where it is now, and I was told it probably need another carb overhaul even though they just did one 2 1/2 months ago. The told me that gas starts to deteriorate after 30 days. I have never had "gasoline issues" with any other of my machines. I have never had to "baby" a machine like this tiller and its carbeurator. If I could return this tiller (after only 2 hours use!!) I would. I'm starting to think I wasted my money on a product that I had hoped I could trust. Really Cub Cadet? Also, the tires still don't retain their pressure, and the valve to reinflate is unstable. I have also spoken with Tractor Supply, and only received a lecture on how I should take care of my engines in my power equipment. I currently own John Deere, TroyBilt, Stihl and Echo power equipment. I have never had any fuel issues with any of these other machines. This tiller is my first Cub Cadet product. I feel like I just wasted $600.

Gf