Cruise.com / Pre-paid gratuities

United States Review updated:
4.8
After seeing an advertisement in our local paper stating that cruise.com was offering pre-paid gratuities when you booked before a certain date, i booked a 7 day cruise with them. My receipt did not show pre-paid gratuities so I called them and was told that they were included but did not show on the receipt.

On the last day of the cruise, we found that the gratuities had not been paid. We called customer service from the ship and they refused to honor their commitment.

I will never use them again.
Ka

Comments

Sm
  23rd of Dec, 2008
I must say I booked my 3rd cruise through Cruise.com and did not receive any gratuities either because they offerred me a discount as an option. They were very clear to me that I can choose between either promotion. I always take the money upfront whenever the option is available. If you look on their site they clearly say the promotions are not combinable with each other. I will bet you received a discount and thus you were not eligible for both promotions.

This is a good company that does not charge the hidden travel agent fees the other guys like Cruises Only or Travelocity charge.

I recommend in the future you read the offer before making assumptions. I find reading to be essential when using any offer anywhere.
Sh
  23rd of Dec, 2008
I too have booked with Cruise.com and they were great. Did you contact them to let them know that you did not receive gratuities? I booked a Royal Caribbean cruise and received my gratuities. You should check with them to see what the problem was.
Wo
  29th of Aug, 2009
terrible company. I was suppose to get back $100 from booking 4 rooms after the trip. Its been 3 months and several emails. In my last email, they stated it was approved and that it will arrive. Well im still waiting, and it seriously does not take 3 months to write a stinking check.

Cruise.com Logo Cruise.com