CrossmarkHours

M Review updated:

I recently was hired by the Crossmark Team and was promised no less than 20 hours a week. I got an interview back in early July, didn't start til August 23...and I received a training check and saw that they only paid me for 3.75 hours which I had a 6 hour shift. I id you not, my check was about 36 bucks. I asked for some more hours so that I could catch up on rent because I don't know who can live off of a 36 dollar check (not me). I spoke to my supervisor and I felt ignored, he hasnt even responded back to me and it's been 2 weeks (I still work saturdays so im not terminated or anything, so what's going on?). I've reminded him and still nothing. They have only put me on for saturdays. I'm currently looking for a second job, my question is, am I not getting any hours because I'm new, or does this happen to everyone? It's pissing me off because in reality I am only working 6 hours a ###ing week. How can this be? Any comments are welcome, I am just so lost at this point.

• Y
      Oct 01, 2012

Similar situation with me and average now only 12 hours when I was promised by recruiter 18-20...and then they will lead you on with a pseudo schedule that show double booking for you for a specific day or days...to keep you from quiting so they can tell WalMart "see ...we filled your events"...all at the whimpering begging employees expense. This September and October thru end of holidays was supposed to see a lot of events in Chicago area but very few for me. You are not alone ...I believe there is a mass exodus of Crossmarks clients..

• Y
      Oct 01, 2012

I was hired i July, 2012...and September was the first month with half way descent hours as an Event Spescialist butthe truth is they had said it would be much busier at this time

• D
      Mar 08, 2013

All I can say is that had I read some of the reviews for this company before I applied, I would have run for the hills right quick. 15 minutes after I placed an application online, I received a phone call from a recruiter. It didn't take me too long to figure out why. They were desperate. I've only kept this job to basically get me through the holidays. It hasn't helped as much as I would have liked, I don't feel as if I'm really accomplishing anything and never get any feedback. I was only trained in-store on three stores for a total of less than 4 hours, have been lied to about the incentive pay, and now work even less hours than what the job was advertised for. I have decided not to waste another minute with this joke of a 'job'. I'm turning in my resignation and I just wish whoever they are able to con into this job next all the luck in the world.

• A
      Nov 12, 2013

It happens to most of us new or old, my understanding is the maximum hours is 18 that's 3 days I have worked for Crossmark for over a year and If lucky I get 2 days a week I am also trying to live of that income. What really hurts is that I am not just making my self available schedule wise I am making myself available location wise I am located so that I can work at least 6 different stores but that seem to mean nothing to Crossmark.