Creative Home Arts Club / unwanted membership!

Creative Home Arts Club - www.creativehomeartsclub.com.

I just received a notice from this company saying I have a 24 month membership with them and that I owe $24.00 for it. I never applied for a membership but it says I owe this bill as of 11/07/07. There is nowhere on the letter (back or front) a website or phone number to contact them and have this settled. I checked for a website at yahoo, found one and went. At the bottom of the page I clicked on contact us and it said I had to be a member in order to access that part of the website. I have no way to contact them and hope they can not make my credit history look bad because of this scam.

Comments

• Ke
      22nd of Oct, 2007

I had exactly the same thing happen! I even tried to cancel my "membership" and they're still sending notices!

• Kr
      8th of Nov, 2007

Same here. I never joined. I tried to cancel several times via mail and phone. I called the number provided, 877-893-7885, and finally got thru. They say it will take about 30 days to cancel the account but could not give me a confirmation number.

• Fs
      11th of Mar, 2008

I just received the brochure from Creative Home Arts Club. Now, before I send for anything I check. This is three scams in about a week and a half. Two have arrived in the mail and one is viewed on the history channel. Alteril (a natural sleep aid) that offers a week's supply to try for $.97 but the scoop is the sample usually doesn't arrive---just a bill for $39.95. Another CAN NOT FIND a place to cancel. Then in the mail came an offer for a free tube of pain rub. The free sample is a one time only tube and then the bill for $19.95 begins arriving. This arrived in a shiny silver envelope.

Now this thing. Did anyone get the $100 free grocery card? The hot chocolate packets or a gift bag set? The scratch off said I got all three. Again, I glad I read the comments first.

• Je
      4th of Apr, 2008

Twice I have spoken to the Customer Service people at Creative Home Arts Club and have told them I did not want a life membership. I have not received any magazines so assumed this was taken care of. However, I just received a letter from RMCB Collection Agency for $246.oo and a letter from Creative Home Arts for $18.00 for a one year subscription renewal.
    I have attempted to reach RMCB with no success. Twice I called and was told by a recording to wait while they retrived by records - which I did for15 minutes each time -no real person or recording ever came back on the line.

7th of Apr, 2008

This is very strange, I just received an offer in the mail, stating I had been nominated for membership and the fees are $1.00 monthly, and I started to send the card back but decided to check the web to see their website, and low and behold this is what I found. I can thank them for the free gifts, but this membership I don't need. Thanks all.

• Li
      6th of May, 2008

I just recieved a membership card from this company and wanted to check it out. I went onto google and typed in Creative home arts club and complaints and found this forum here. I now know that I will not be joining any club. And I hope this "membership" card is void or invalid. It says that I am a member since 2008. Yeah right.

Thanks for the info.

• To
      11th of May, 2008

Do NOT send me anymore magazines! I did not order nor do I want anything to do with this scam! You tried this before and I want NOTHING to do wth you. Stop sending these magazines! I will be sure to let everyone I know about this.

• Ju
      13th of May, 2008

thanks for the heads up! I got the free gifts and letter, but they forgot to include the form to sign up lol. tht is when I checked on line to see if I could join via the net. thanks for this forum, I will dicard everything but the gifts.

• Cy
      14th of Oct, 2008

I keep getting a bill from this company for zero service

• Go
      20th of Apr, 2009

I also canceled my membership but am still receiving countless pieces of mail saying that I'm now a "life member." Furthermore, there are "free" things in some of the mailings that register you into the club if you fail to notice the fine print that says you must return them.

• Bl
      23rd of May, 2009

I agree with the above: There is no phone number in which to contact this company: Not on the Bill, & I can't find their number online. Not a good way to do business!! I just got done sending them an email with HIGH PRIORITY & RECEIPT requested. If I can't contact them then I'll have my husband do it.

I just read someones e-mail, above with their phone number: I will have to call it, better yet have my husband call it: he is so much better on the phone then I am.

Thanks for this website, that others may know about them. Unfortunately, I didn't find this until afterwards.

Cyndi

• Br
      28th of Aug, 2009

I have been a member since 2007, I have received just what I wanted, monthly craft magazines full of cool ideas. At the beginning, I did start receiving auto ship hard back books, which were $35 a piece. Just like those movie clubs and dvd clubs send monthly. Only thing is, there was no obligation. I kept and paid for one, but when I decided I didn't want anymore, I just wrote on payment coupon, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANYMORE! I never received another, and no hassle about it. As long as you do not keep and not pay for, they will respect your decision. I did get the card for $100 free coupons. When I recieved the card, it said to mail it in and then I got a envelope with a check off list to mail back in to order only those coupons I designated or wanted. That was a process, but does anyone ever make things easy? I even access their websight for patterns. The best thing about this club is that last week I went to my insurance agent to change my auto policy and they asked me if I belonged to an associations, since we were looking for discounts. Yes this club in on NATIONWIDE INSURANCES list. I received a discount of $60 a year!!! I not only get my montly magazines, but get a $5.00 break on my insurance every month! Maybe I was just one of those lucky ones, but if nationwide insurance has them on there list, I cannot imagine it could be a scam. Oh, and I want to say that there is a 1-800 customer line on my member card. I also am a sceptical person at times, and honest to say, I have never pesonally called the # since I have had no reason to. I hope this information helps, have a great day.

• Ca
      8th of Sep, 2009
    Creative Home Arts Club - Invoice for Unwanted Service
    Creative Home arts Club

Recieved invoice for membership for 12 months. i did not request this and do not want to pay. i feel this company is a scam.

1st of Oct, 2009

i joined the club and then seen this site i have talked to them about the books they droped the prices to 19.98 the grocrey 100.00 is a pain you have to go throw a list of products and pick so many (10 dollars worth) and and send it in then they send u coupons back 10.00 dollars at a time there number i used for payment is (1-800-209-9306) this number is to pay them faster for your membership i have recived a bag with my name on it candles rubber stamps a rotary cutter and board and some other stuff no great stuff junk so i think the program is a scam its not worth the 300 . u have to pay i also am going to cancel after reading this .
    hope this number helps you

23rd of Dec, 2009
    Creative Home Arts Club - Unwanted Membership Solicitation
    Creative Home Arts
    PO Box 3527
    Minnetonka
    Minnesota
    Phone: none

Sending me bills for membership that I never signed up for. No phone no web on bill only PO Box. Will have to write again to cancel got nothing from first cancellation.

11th of Jan, 2010

I'm getting collection notices for a membership I never signed up for.

• Mo
      14th of Jan, 2010

I received a card saying I had a ring coming for their appreciation, however I have been trying to
    call them for days and all I get is a busy signal. Tomorrow is the deadline. What's up with this? Monica Newsome

• Mo
      14th of Jan, 2010

I already commented

• Cf
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Thanks to F Spear, I finally got a cancellation processed. These people have been harassing me. I signed up for a one year membership expecting to get a nice magazine and a chance to try out free craft samples. Did I get the samples? Absolutely not. And the magazine was terrible! I had expected more considering the founder used to regularly be on several of the scrapbooking tv shows and had some good ideas. I was ready to contact the Attorney General of my state when I found this site and the number to call. Thank goodness!

• Ca
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I checked my mail one day! there was a letter from Creative Home Home Arts Club there, so I just put it down until today. I picked it up and looked at it there was a test product there, so I read the letter and they wanted me to test this product that I did not sign up for then go on line and fill out a report about it. This is where I found out about people are having the same problems that I am. When do you sign up for an email and then find out that you are in a membership with these people and you need to send them all this money? I don't want any of this stuff.I wish they would just leave me alone.

Sharon Porter