Cox Communications / unauthorized charges

Cox Communications
Cox sent me an offer for internet services, which I accepted and they sent me a confirmation email with the price of $29.99 for 12 months. They billed me much higher. When I called to complain, they variously said the offer was only good if all offered services were ordered (not true), that it was only good for 3 months (not true), or that I was a current customer and not eligible.

I had previously requested service but had no modem so never had activated service and was not a customer, which they knew. Because they did not notify me that they were reneging on the price they had confirmed to me, they practiced a 'bait and switch'. Despite numerous calls and emails, their terrible customer service never admitted nor corrected this despicable practice.

A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
We had an awful experience, horrible service, poor customer service, false advertisement, over billing and charges for equipment we did not have. Luckily i saved all bills to prove otherwise. However i believe i should be compensated for what happened. I would like a class action law suit for what we went through. I recently went logged on to look at a summary of past billing activity and it made no sense what so ever and there was even an entire month missing so i could not try to average out the billing. This reminds me of a credit card company i was dealing with. They pulled the same scam on me and i lost about a thousand dollars. Luckily i was not in a contract with Cox or we would have been in real trouble. These businesses need to be held accountable and shut down. It would save the state and local economy billions.
N  29th of Apr, 2009 by
There is a reason why Cox Communications has an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau.

I have two *SEPARATE* accounts with Cox, telephone and internet. I went online to pay the *TELEPHONE* account. I used a credit card. When I looked at my bank statement, they had made two *SEPARATE* charges to both the telephone and internet, the internet charge *TOTALLY UNAUTHORIZED, * especially since I have been disputing their overcharging of the internet for some time. They simply decided to pay off all of the internet charges using my credit card number provided for the purpose of paying the telephone bill. I consider this basically theft.

I called them about this, and the representative was totally rude. I asked to talk to a supervisor, and he seemed to understand, but said that all he could do was wait for the payment to process and then request (by email) that it be refunded. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I just got a letter saying that they have credited the internet amount back, BUT have charge ME a $35.00 return payment fee!!! How am I responsible for a fee on an amount that was unauthorized in the first place??

Cox is unscrupulous, and their bad business karma will come back to bite them. Do not give them a credit card number. Pay all bills in cash or check.

Cox Communications Logo Cox Communications