CouponCabin / account deactivated

US Review updated:

I was very happy with couponcabin, been using them for a while, no complaints, and actually thought they were one of the better cash back websites. Out of nowhere (right after I earned a large 'members only' cashback), my account is locked and deactivated due to "multiple accounts being created and redeeming members only offers". I have no idea why their system would flag my account, and customer service will not provide any information or explain why they think multiple accounts were created. Their only offer is to reset my account, but remove the cashback I earned from that 'members only' offer. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a scam as others have, but I am extremely frustrated and upset with their unwillingness to accept the possibility that their system may flag an account in error and attempt to sort it out... I have not violated the terms and conditions and earned cashback legitimately. Judging by the number of similar complaints, you're losing loyal customers.

• CouponCabin Customer Care's Response, Nov 24, 2017

CouponCabin has very few rules and the rules we do have are in place to make sure we can pay as much cash back as possible; it’s how we’re able to offer such great deals that you can’t find anywhere else. In addition, we make sure these few rules are prominently highlighted across the site when using our cash back program. That said, when accounts are identified as trying to get around these rules, we have no choice but to close those accounts.

• Updated by S_R_B, Dec 20, 2017

Just want to provide an update - after a lot of back and forth requesting information on the 'multiple accounts' created, and the IP address that was flagged, it was determined that the IP address was tied to my work computer, on a network with thousands of users. At that point, Coupon Cabin did reactivate my account with the members only offer that they had not been willing to credit until that point. For everyone calling this company a scam, I agree that their automated system flagging accounts needs some work, as well as manual review of flagged accounts, however, they were willing to resolve the issue (after much hassle). I will say that customer service was very responsive (time-wise), but continued to reiterate the same point and did not always address the specific question in my email. I really wish there was phone support. I have had enough positive experiences with coupon cabin before this issue, so I plan to continue to use it (with caution, as this was an extremely frustrating experience). Just be careful about logging on to your account on ANY network or IP address that might have other users, and transfer your cash back earnings out frequently.

Sr
Nov 23, 2017

Comments

• Sr
      Nov 24, 2017

I understand, and I've seen this response to multiple complaints. It highlights exactly what I'm dissatisfied with - the fact that you won't even consider the possibility that there was no attempt to get a around those rules, just a loyal customer following the rules whose account was flagged in error. I just want the cash back which I'm owed, according to the terms and conditions.

Nov 27, 2017

I have encountered exactly the same issue. This is only one account in my entire household. I was told that another account claimed the new user offer using the same IP address. After obtaining a partially masked name, I was able to verify that it was not an account that belongs to me or my household. I am sticking to the terms and conditions all the time. The goal of the terms and conditions should be to identify people who try to earn more cashback than what they deserve, but not to punish other loyal, well-behaving customers who have not in fact committed any violations.

• Je
      Dec 11, 2017

@Mandy L I began using Coupon Cabin this past summer. Amazing. As soon as I received notice that I would be issued a check a couple months ago, and that it would be issued Dec. 6th, (FYI, I have not received it) just this evening I received notice that I was " using multiple accounts" and a dotted list of other possible reasons why my account was blocked and that my cash back cannot be issued. [censor]. Funny thing is my sister, and my niece also received that same notices this week and were blocked from their accounts and will not receive their cash back either. Hmmmmm. I smell something fishy!! We each received the exact same emails which we have screen shots of and we will contact the BBB, social media, FOX News, CNN whomever to get this corrected. Either they have a scammer within the company or the company is a big scam itself. My sister and my niece, and myself live in different towns, do not share computers, accounts, names or anything. I am contacting each company that I made purchases with and letting them know of our concerns. I contacted CouponCabin, no answer, just was able to leave a message with " Scott". I also made a screen shot of my email message to Coupon Cabin as to my concerns and will let the world know of their response. We've committed no violations what so ever, we want to see proof of that, we want an apology, we want answers and we want our cash back that should be coming to us. Jeanne B.