Countrywide Periodicals, Inc. / Scam

FL, United States Review updated:

My husband was scammed he gave these ppl our debit card # and was misled into thinking he was getting 3 yrs of magazines for $66 my debit card has been charged twice in 3 weeks and we have yet to receive any magazines or any type of letter from this company he talked to the company the day aftyer he done it and told time on arecorded conversation that he want to cancel the subscription and they told him he could do so once he receives it in the mail. This has cause my family major heartache and overdrafted my checking and drained my savings . My husband and I are on the verge of a divorce for his stupidity for giving out the card # to begin with.

Comments

• Ct
      Mar 16, 2011

Its not the company's fault. He was explained everything in detail. He was also told that a final call would be recored going over every detail of the order HE had placed. No one forced him to give out his card info. If he didn't agree with terms of the service (which were explained to him before he gave out his card number) then he should have said he wasn't interested. Its annoying to hear people complain about this and that when they themselves got into a situation they could have opted out of.

• Cr
      Mar 17, 2011

No he couldn't opt out. You have a F rating by comsumers report so we are not the only ones. Your sales asst. called 15 times in a row in one day while he was at work and not answering to him. Thats fine Our bank said this isnt the first time they have had trouble from your company. Listen to that recorded msg you have you will hear my husband saying he wanted to opt out. You didnt get our money so your scam was stopped on our behalf.

• Mg
      Jun 16, 2011

I guess Im going to stay neutral, even though I too fell into their trap of recieving magazines that I won't ever read, but have them coming to me and they sit in my closet collecting dust. I tried getting getting out of it, but when I called them and told them that I didnt want the subscription they told me that it was to late because they already put my order in and that there was NO WAY to stop it, and im sorry but theres always a way to stop something. Im sorry that this happened to you and your husband, and I hope things work out for the better for you both.

• 5w
      Nov 03, 2012

Yeah My husband did the same thing but hey told him that i would be 3 payments of 12 dollars and they pulled out 66 dollars in my account and now he wants to be mad at me when he did something so stupid at first he lied to me and said they knew our card number from the beginning and now he told me he gave them our card number and now we are 66 dollars short he has told me numerous time don't give them ppl your card number over the phone its all a scam well look at what he did oh but he wanted to give me a diamond watch ha ha what ever i bet we don't even get anything in the mail