Costco / service

11000 Garden Grove Boulevard, Garden Grove, CA
Garden Grove
Phone: (714) 638-6308
I am writing this in regards to a disgusting experience my wife has experienced at Costco, today 7/20/09 approximately 3:30 pm at the Garden Grove, CA branch by the membership service personnel Jena (also known as Diana according to temporary membership she assigned)

My pregnant wife walked up to the membership service to acquire a coupon book. When she was asked to show the membership card, she provided the membership card that had no picture on it because we are new members to Costco. This is when Jena started to cause trouble to my wife harassing her as if she were an identity thief trying to steal a coupon book from Costco when clearly all she wanted to do was to shop at Costco. Even when she provided identification card and current address (because her ID had been made in her old address) Jena still treated my pregnant wife in troublesome fashion showing her lots of harsh attitude and ignorance. Just one of the example is when my wife walked up to the service desk Jena pointed her finger at my wife and with her disgruntling loud voice told her co-workers not to do hand her a coupon book or believe her information. She even suspended our membership and wrote that my wife “refused” to provide any information.

My wife and I are members of Costco, and irregardless of the photos or the lack-there-of, we do not deserve to be treated like liars and thieves when we shop at Costco. My wife, especially do not deserve to be treated this way because she has been an Costco international member since 1996.

N  30th of Mar, 2008 by
I was being served terrible by the same supervisor twice at Costco Mountain View. The supervisor, a middle age, Mexican person with black eye brows and black short cut, works at Merchandise Pick Up sector. This afternoon. I purchased two digital cameras, and when I asked a cashier for separate receipts, the teller told me to talk to a supervisor. This supervisor looked very serious when I asked him how to get two separate receipts for each digital camera. The guy told me that because of the Costco system that does not allow to print multi-receipts, But if I were an Executive Member with an AMX card, I can get multi-receipts. This supervisor (I did not want to reveal his name) told me to go to return sector.This guy said, "Ask them (people who work at return sectioin) to give me a call, then I will let you go to the cashier and get your receipts." I returned two items, and because I am not an Executive Member. The second terrible experience occurred to me when I returned to Costco at Mountain View. Around 6:15pm, the door was closed. I asked a person who checks the receipt at the exit door if I could have a chance to enter. However, that terrible supervisor hurried to me, and said, "We're closed, OUT! " I replied, "I just wanted to pick up one item very quickly."It is fine that the Costco has its own policy, but this same supervisor's attitude was really horrible!!! "Out!! Have a good day!" says the supervisor.
A  19th of Sep, 2008 by
The Costco in Brandon, FL suffers from the same problem. We get different answers, saying they allow up to 3 separate receipts, and then the next time, they say, they allow 2. I've asked them to show me in fine print where it says Costco doesn't allow separate receipts but could not show me where. We're executive members - but feel like we're being treated like dirt. I hope other people complain. Some people just don't get it ---- there are financially responsible adults who like filing their receipts separately (groceries, electronics, baby stuff) and don't need the hassle. We do the same in Publix, Home Depot, you name it. -- Now if they upgrade their system to the point where it separates it automatically like they do in some retail stores, then no complaint. ... this is just too much hassle and a no brainer that Costco fails the customer service exam.
N  24th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
CLOSED means C-L-O-S-E-D. If everyone were allowed in to pick up one item, Costco would never close. Do you not own a watch?
N  1st of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
does everyone understand that his wife was pregnant? does that really matter? is it costcos fault that your wife was pregnant? by the way his wife was pregnant!

Costco Wholesale Corporation Logo Costco Wholesale Corporation