Contractors.com / Takes money and runs

This company has been taking $1000 "security deposits" from contractors, designers & architects since summer of 2009 but they have not produced the lead generating program that they have promised. It appears that they may be out of business now. I have been trying to get my money refunded since October 2009 and they have never responded other than telling me "they are working on it". I enlisted their local BBB to assist and they had no luck either. Ironically, they are still advertising and offering a sign-up for new contractors. Please do not fall into their trap! This business is corrupt!

Tr

More Contractors.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Am
      22nd of Mar, 2010

You are right, I was one of the contractors that got sucked into there scam with American Bath Factory and Dream Bath.
    Their (Contractors.com) CEO Kurt is a big time scam artist. His current BS, is he's touring the country promoting this FREE lead program that is producing ZERO. He would make a great used car salesman. Don't believe his BS.

• Fc
      19th of Apr, 2010

(swallow hard) Mia Culpa! I did it, I took the bait and got scammed. At this point, I'm telling myself that this was an expensive education. The Contractors.com program was packaged and produced so different than the other lead programs. It's different alright. Where as with the others (Service Magic, etc.) you get the "tire kickers" that are "fishing", with Contractors.com you get... NONE!

• Re
      8th of Sep, 2010

i heard about this and the company did go down. it was bought out by another company and is up and running under new management. it's alot better than before.

• Kn
      16th of Sep, 2010

I have been running tests on godaddy.com advertisers and third party co-conspirators. this week found-crownboilers.com-(Brand Jacking and cyber squatting)>boilers.411usacontractors.com>contractors.com- filled out form-in three days-contractors plumbing called me that I knew-each had payed 1000.00 dollars to 2500.00 dollars-plus 50 dollars per lead-leadicious LLC-was collecting 50 dollars from each for lead!!! on brand jacked domain!!! Crown Boilers Corp.-CrownBoiler.com
    Other sub-sites:hvac.sleekremodeler.com- no crown boilers-other units
    shopzilla.com- only honest site -had crown boilers
    I tested 20 other sites that were cyber squatting/brand jacking-godaddy.com registrants-most with false names and false registrants. but almost all registers doing same thing. When you call-registrer just changes registrant and their address. If you post- cyber squatters domains in comments at circleid.com and embarass the registrar in a week register will take down the domains but ban you from circleid.com

• Mi
      24th of Sep, 2010

Yes it would be great if someone could tract down the SOB who stole our money, and at the very least put the guy in jail for awhile. any one who can post an address I will make the trip myself to see he go's down.

• Jp
      16th of Feb, 2011

Contractors.com got me to sign up and after a week and no quality leads, as they promised, charged my account $1100.00. Needless to say I have cancelled them and disputed the charges with my credit card company. These guys are ruthless liars. They are tied into Reply.com, a lead generating company for real estate which also looks like a big scam. I hope people do their research before signing up with these companies.

• St
      25th of Feb, 2011

Am also a company that got "stung" by the american bath/contractor.com scam. Am searching ether space to see if anything ever came of all the lawsuit etc buzz.

• Je
      4th of Mar, 2011

I just got a call from them and they said that they have 12 leades from a zip code of about 3500. they told me that they could get me 10+ leads a week and in my area about 160, 000 people that is about 50% of all the HVAC equipment replaced in our service area last year. It cant be done glad that i checked it out before I did a big mistake

• Ai
      8th of Mar, 2011

I agree I just received a phone call from a woman representing them. She said that she has many leads and that they are $55.00 a piece regadless if I get the job or not. I told her, sorry, I can't pay for something unless I know I have the job for sure and I it sounds more like gambling to me.
    - Joseph Hunt
    Air Support Heating & Air Conditioning
    San Diego, Ca
    March 8 2010

3rd of Apr, 2011

Just a few pics to remind us of how good Mr. Rick and Mr. Jim are on fraud, not to mention ruining peoples lives.

Sounds right

3rd of Apr, 2011

I can sign every word my fellow fraud victims right in this complaint.

• To
      3rd of Apr, 2011

I too was ripped off as explained above by theses companies. What they say isall true and they have a bunch of my money also.

• Mo
      11th of Apr, 2011

The worst part about the American Bath Factory - Dream Works - becomes Contractors.com was a total scam from the very first. When I was called a 'liar' by Mr. Rick, telling me I did not meet him at a trade show in Las Vegas, and that I was NOT introduced with L.O'M as being the first Contractors signed to the program. They were such liars, I even have a copy of the RFP they were shopping AFTER they had signed everyone up and taken their money. Contractors.com NEVER sent me a lead, and we've been doing relatively well for years using Service Magic. Water under the bridge, but lesson learned!

26th of May, 2011

Just got this: "Hi, this is Janet (call originated from 925 983 3466) I'm looking for a residential contractor, please call me back at 408 595 6261.."

Just got a call again. (My number is on the "Do not call list")

Janet called again yesterday and when I said I'd like to research all a little first she countered that they just bought contractors.com a year ago bla bla.

I told them I'm not interested, there is enough not so good info about their operations. I told her I am not interested in prepaying for "leads". I mentioned, how about, if a lead you give me becomes conclusive and a valid contract is signed with a client, then I pay a beforehand hereto agreed referral fee to you.

Ooops! That didn’t go well with darling Janet.

She got a bit more aggressive offering me she'll waive the $ 99 sign up as well as the monthly lead fees. I replied: so, you do have upfront fees, what if your leads lead to nothing?

Now things got testy and the real hard sales talk attitude of her kicked in!
    She'll sign me up right now at no cost or monthly fees... etc.
    I replied ... and all you need is a credit card from me, right?

Yaiks!

Now she got nasty...falling short of calling me a looser she offered me some numbers of contractors I can call to verify. I replied to her saying: how would I know who these people really are? How about I research that myself!?

Now her hard sales talk kicked into hyper drive almost sort of "threatening" me that she will give all leads of home owners who are looking for a contractor to start remodeling in June/July to others...

I ended the conversation telling her I know how hard sales talk work, been there done that. Thanks, but no thanks.

Boo hoo..! No sales commission money for darling Janet!

SOME FACTS:
    Registrant (domain: contractors.com) btw since 1999
    Reply! Inc
    12667 Alcosta Blvd STE 200
    San Ramon, CA 94583

Now Google: Reply! Inc

(Online lead seller)

"The Reply.com marketplace allows businesses to buy and sell online leads and enhanced clicks. ... ©2011 Reply!, Inc"

You will find some truth about this operation for example BBB
    http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/busi ... -ramon-ca-59178

Nothing less than a wallet vacuum business. “Give me your money and don't bother us.”
    In other words "legalized fraud" or the Double Agent acting "W***e and Pimp" at the same time.
    etc etc

All they are interested in is selling you “leads” thus they got your money.
    And you? What will you get?

26th of May, 2011

As I finished my last (above) post I just got yet another call and a voice mail message from Janet:

...Just for your...yes there has been a lot of bad press but WE JUST PURCHASED contractors.com about a year ago...bla bla ...made a lot of changes... bla bla but if it is not for you I understand it.. bla bla...and I will be giving a LOT OF BUSINESS TO YOU COMPETITORS! Bla bla.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

Did I mention: BBB?
    http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/busi ... -ramon-ca-59178

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BBB Accreditation: This business is NOT a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating for Reply Inc.
    Based on BBB files, Reply Inc. has a BBB Rating of B on a scale from A+ to F.
    Factors that lowered this business' rating include:

>>> * Government action(s) against business.

Factors that raised this business' rating include:

* Length of time business has been operating.
    * Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
    >>> * Response to 249 complaint(s) filed against business.
    * Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
    * BBB has sufficient background information on this business.

BBB suggests you review all materials and understand the cancellation and refund policy prior to agreeing to the terms and conditions.

Business Contact and Profile for Reply Inc.
    Name: Reply Inc.

Customer Contact: Ms. Dalita Minassian, Manager, Client Relations
    Incorporated: CA
    Employees: 100
    Type of Business: Internet Marketing Services
    BBB Accreditation: Reply Inc. is not a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names:

RealtyNow.com
    AgentConnect.com
    ReplyRealestate.com
    IMotors.com
    Reply! Real Estate
    Contractors.com

Business Management
    Additional company management personnel include:

Mr. Payan Zamani - President/CEO

Tel: (925) 983-3480
    Tel: (925) 983-3392

Additional Email Addresses
    info@reply.com

Customer Complaint History for Reply Inc.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 249 complaints about Reply Inc. in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 249 complaints closed in 36 months, 115 were closed in the last year.

26th of May, 2011

The tub they drown you in after taken your money

• Ri
      11th of Aug, 2011

I should have know better. I will find the guy that started this and settle up with him personally. Ricky Critchfield

• Ri
      11th of Aug, 2011

If anyone can help me find the person/people responsivble for this - I will get with them personally to hash this out and get an answer for everyone.