Contour Beds / Bad mattress

We bought a double twin adjustable bed from Craftmatic 3 years ago, the mattresses were under warranty for 15 years. We have a bad mattress. I called contour (who bought craftmtic) they said ! could get a new mattress for $421. and $150 shipping.

Ri

Comments

• Di
      11th of Oct, 2010

I feel your pain. My mother paid over 5K for a premier contour bed in early 2009 . The base that the bed sits on started to squeak when the bed was in a raised position a few months after the one year warranty expired 2010. It cost us $150 to have a service (idiot) to come out to the house to find out what the problem was. Contour said that the service guy would bring some oil to stop the squeaking. I tried to explain to them that the squeaking was coming from inside the base of the bed and there was no way to put any oil on it unless you tore the cover from the base. What idiots they are. Anyway after months of a fight a nasty letter from an attorney they agreed to replace the mattress. Why the mattress I don't know but I have run out of energy to fight with these people to try to make them understand that there is a difference between the mattress and the base that the mattress sits on. Without a courtsey call or notice they dropped off a replacement mattress in the lobby of a 76 year old elderly woman and left it there for her to figure out how she could get it into her apartment...go figure.

If you are thinking about purchasing a Contour Adjustable bed, think twice. They are horrible. The customer service stinks and they ripe you off once the limited warranty expires.

• Ir
      9th of Nov, 2010

Sorry to hear about that. I'm thinking about getting one of the beds. I don't know how to phrase this lightly (no pun intended) but, How heavy is your mother? I'm just wondering that, because I could see how a lot of weight on the frame would cause it to squeak after a short time. Well now that I think about it, my flat bed squeaks and I only weigh 145 lbs.

• Wh
      31st of Dec, 2010

This company just sold a bed to my mother-in-law...this company is a total scam...they prey on the elderly...mother-in-law can barely make a decision of any type due to dementia and the salesperson sold her a $5K bed she did not need and can't afford...only 5 days to cancel the order. What a very sad company.

17th of Apr, 2011

Lousy bed, horrible service, decietfull sales practices. $5900 you would think would get your parents a very nice bed. Not from contour. Look somewhere else, Please don't be fooled too.

• Se
      20th of May, 2011

I was approached by this company and ended up filing a complaint with the FTC http://www.ftc.gov/ because of the persistant calls AFTER I stopped the sales pitch with a definate no then began to do some online research an I noticed about an 18 month span without many complaints then it esculated at the beginning of the year...

If ANY company uses high preasure sales tactics to prey on you or a family member or friend I urge you to file a complaint with the FTC in addition to posting comments.

• Ji
      21st of Oct, 2011

Contour representative came into our house, watch the video and insisted on going to our bed to do the demonstration. I refused and he keep on insisting to go inside our bedroom. I raised my voice and I said I don't want you to go inside our bedroom and he asked why? He called his manager. Very disrespectful! If the customer said no, , they should stop. I will never buy your product.

• Ca
      6th of Mar, 2012

About the first week of Feb. I received a phone call tell me that Ihad won a sweepstakes that I had returned in the mail. And that a representative from Contour Beds needed to come to the house to present it to me. I agreed and set the appointment for Feb.9th 2012. I think the appointment was for 1:00pm. Miss Clement arrived on time and gave me a Gift of a candle for allowing her in our home. She proceeded to tell us about Contour Beds, After about 1 1/2 hours she wanted to go to our bedroom where she ask for 5 pillows, she then proceeded to make up an look-a-like adjustable bed, , ask us to lay down on it and told us how comfortable the bed would be in this position, then proceeded to put a vibrator under the pillows to give us the feeling that was how a bed would feel. We then went back to the table where she started filling out papers. We ask the price and she told us $5, 078. My husband said no way would he pay that much for a bed, she then called her office and they talked and Mr Boes said for her to offer us a deal
    iof $4395. with tax of $334.02 and Delivery of $349.50 making it $5078. My husband said that he would not pay delivery or Taxes, She made another call to her office and he agreed that we could have the Premium Premier bed for $4395. with no tax, no delivery charges .

The sweepstakes that I won was a $500.00 coupon which would make our bed cost $4395.00
    By this time she had been in our home 51/2 hours and I was ready for her to leave.
    we first kept telling her no and she finally convinced my husband that we really should get this bed, because she said that wife really wants this bed. High pressure was not the word
    The bed was delivered on Feb. 14th 2012 The cancellation date was 2/13/12 .We have not had a good nights sleep since getting the bed. We have told them to come get the bed and they say that's out of the question. They sent the service dept. out to put a new softer insert in the bed and we still cannot sleep on it. I refuse to pay for this horrible bed We are 75 yrs old and are willing to take the hit on our credit report rather than keep this bed. BUYER BEWARE THESE ARE NOT GOOD PEOPLE. I f you are reading this then I am sure you see others that say the same thing.

• Re
      12th of Mar, 2012

All mattresses come with pro-rated warranties. Every mattress manufacturer in the United States has the same type of warranty. A pro-rated warranty works like this: If you buy a mattress for $3, 000 the amount is divided by 15 (Number of years of the warranty). That comes out to $200 per year. Let's say that in the 5th year you have a problem with the mattress and you need to have it replaced. You have used the mattress for 5 years out of the 15 or 1/3 of the life of the mattress. Take the $200 and multiply it by 5 years and that is what what the customer should pay to get a new mattress. This is fair and reasonable because the customer has used the product for 5 years.

8th of Apr, 2016

In 2009, I purchased and spent over 9K for my bed which was a platinum dual. The sales person told us we had a 25 year warranty on our mattresses, that would be pro-rated if they themselves (the full actual mattress) had to be replaced, but that any time we needed an insert, that portion was free, except for the shipping (how much can a piece of foam cost to ship - shouldn't be much right?). Secondly, the mattresses were not the same height, the one side was about an inch and a half taller than the other, which our rep said would be taken care of - never was after numerous calls to our rep to the point he refused to return our calls. I called them today to get the new inserts, only to find out that now they are over $400. Really?, for a piece of foam to ship? What happened to the inserts were free? The bed itself is fine, the two sections do not stay together even with the wheel locks on, (I can live with that part, even though it shouldn't be this way), I've not had issues with the motors, but am very dissatisfied with customer service, the rep and now the fact I have to pay so much to replace an insert that was suppose to be free, which was a determining factor of buying this bed. I could have purchased a much less expensive bed and wouldn't mind replacing the mattress as I would have known ahead of time. My mattresses look like new, I've kept them covered, I am extremely disappointed and this bed will be headed to the landfill and will go back to a Sealy or Temperpedic. This purchase was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. Be wary of your sales person of what they tell you to sell you these beds and I now know why they changed their name as their sales people and company are not on the same page when they sell you a bed. How sad that a company doesn't honor what their sales people tell a customer to sell their beds.

• Ei
      9th of Jun, 2016

Contour sales rep took advantage of my elderly mother. She purchased the dual control bed, spending over $6000. She and her husband couldn't sleep on it because it was too soft. They sent extra foam inserts to add. This caused the bed to bow up in the middle; impossible to lie down on it! Of course, Contour Company refused to allow her to return it because it was past deadline for returns! She never slept on the bed and we are stuck with it!! Very bad company!!!

• Ba
      23rd of Jan, 2017

1/23/17Our foundation to one if the beds isn't working won't raise properly. I just tried to call the number on my contract and it's disconnected!! Dues anyone have a good number?