Continental Warranty / Nothing but empty promises

This rep Mike with Continental Warranty told my husband he needed our credit card number in order to process the paperwork but we wouldn't be charged the $295 down payment until the paperwork was signed. They hit our credit card that day. My husband finally got someone to answer on one of the phone numbers, others just ring, and was told that if he sent an e-mail stating he was cancelling that he would get an e-mail back acknowledging the cancellation and that the charge to our account would be credited, also said it shouldn't have gone through until the signed paperwork was returned. Now it's 12 days later they won't return calls or respond to e-mails. I wouldn't recommend this company to an enemy - nothing but empty promises and lies so far. Looks like a call is necessary to the State Attorney General in our state and theirs.

Va

Comments

• Al
      29th of Sep, 2008

Stay away from purchasing this warranty. First of all they do not pay the nationally published labor rates. They pay only $78 a hour. You can not find a shop that has labor rates under the warranty amount. Secondly they do not pay for the actually hours stated by the repair shop. You may have a $100 deductible but you will end up paying much more. You can go thru a arbitrator according to the contract and if you lose, you pay the full cost of arbitration. They do not tell you that you can take them to small claims court. If you lose there you are only out of the court costs. I will see them in court.