Consumer Portfolio Services / They do not know what they are doing!

1 P O BOX 57071, Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-469-4520

These people are uneducated to be dealing with the public. I called and told them my situation, they told me ok we can work with you. Got everthing squared away, oh no I called them today to make a payment and the ugly B**** I spoke with told me I owed $200.00 in late fees????? I have spoken with different people everytime I call and NOT ONE TOLD ME THIS. I told the lady I spoke with that she works with a bunch of DumbA** who obv. dont know what they are doing, she proceeded to call me a DumbA** for not looking at my account or my bank statements!!! OH I can not stand this company!!! They also call numberous times a day if you do not make the payment early in the AM on the day it is due! Can these people really do this? I have also tried search for an email address to contact them with and there is NOTHING! How is this possible?

Comments

• Mi
      3rd of Nov, 2009

You maybe speaking with different people at that company, they work in teams. What they usually do is have one person with the account. When they have a problem getting that individual to pay, they have another team member call. At times, we would all call the same person at the same time whether it be at the job, at home, a neighbor, cell phone, or a relatives house. Who ever you speak to knows you've been spoken to already. Not only that, when inputting info. in the computer, we as the call center reps can place anything we want in the computer as notes. All them people you speak to are usually sitting right next to one another. I use to do it, I know. Send a letter stating you don't want them calling your phone any longer and they have to adhere to that. I understand at times they don't yet, they log all calls through there phone system. As long as you have the date and time, who your representative is... if they violate your request not to be called at certain #'s (even if they violate once) a lawsuit can and should be filed. ESPECIALLY WITH THAT COMPANY! It's horrible. Some of the supervisors don't know what they are doing in regards to finance. It's ridiculous.

• Cr
      28th of Nov, 2009

I have an even better idea! Why don't you just make your payments on time! Crazy thought huh? That will avoid all late fees and phone calls. And they are right, you should manage your bank account a little better.

• Sh
      10th of Dec, 2009

OK, so these people are nasty and harassing. Yes, I deal with them every month, thay start calling the day after my payment is due, they call every day sometimes from "Blocked Number" and even after the payment is made they keep calling, nobody there knows what any body else has done. They have repeatedly threatened to repo my car when the payment is only a few days late and now they are asking for posted dated check numbers, as a matter of fact the woman I just spoke with told me I had given them 2 post dated check numbers (that never happened).
    The man who took my payment information today was speeding like crazy and I told him so, he said oh I'm sorry, he didn't deny it, then he transferred me to a woman who insisted that because I just made the Nov payment today and the next payment is due the 18th of this month I had 2 payments due and the man shouldn't have taken the one payment. I patiently tried to explain to her that the Dec payment wasn't due until the 18th, she said that if it wasn't paid by the 30th she would have my car repoed. Just before I hung up on her she did say she would have a manager call me later today. I don't think they can repo my car when it's only a couple of weeks past due.
    So the real question is; what can we do? I mean legally what can we do about the threats and harassment? If there is anything we can legally do, count me in?

• Sh
      10th of Dec, 2009

creditguru
    I manage my bank account just fine and you obviously have no understanding at all. My account was always up do date until the last summer. During the summer we had 2 elderly relatives pass away, neither of which had any prepaid burial needs, so the relatives had to pony up the money for bare mininum memorials which included cremations (the cheapest). In addition to that I had a 300 lb deer jump through my windshield while I was driving 70 mph. It was on a rural highway, at night and could not have been avoided in any way. So now I am off work and disabled, my husband and I are both in our 60's and we are now living on 45% of our regular income. What part of that would you have managed better??? Hell you probably work for CPS.

• Cr
      16th of Mar, 2010

I do not work for CPS, but rather the car business who deals with deadbeats all the time. There is always an excuse, figure it out. What would I have managed better, well first of all if you couldn't afford to help with the funeral arrangements you should have said so or used money from savings. As for the deer jumping through your window, why didn't your insurance take care of that, as far as I can see that shouldn't prevent you from knowing what the hell is going on in your bank account. No matter what happens to you it is your responsibility to manage your finances accordingly. Again with the excuses, if you had good credit and didn't have a history of bad credit you wouldn't be financed with CPS, rather a credit union with an excellent interest rate so I don't believe the "my account has always been up to date" if that was the case then why the hell are you financed with CPS? They specialize in bad credit, you know people who don't pay thier bills? If you are living on 45% of your income then do as such, don't buy cars and spend money on things you can't afford. You have to understand that I hear excuses all day long and I am no different than anyone else, things happen to me and I take responsibility and do what I am supposed to do, I don't live beyond my means and I have a savings account with 6 months of living expenses. Poor planning on your part does not consitute an emergency on anyone elses. FYI they can reposess your car whenever they want, read the contract.