Cons Call Home / No refund given back

Po box 101379, Cape Coral, FL, US Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-524-6151

I had a number through cons call home and correctional billing blocked the phone number and cons call home refused to give me a refund. I called them 3 or 4 days before it was time to bill my account. they waited weeks before they stopped my account and then that way they would owe no money. that is fraud

Calls were coming from IWP in Indianapolis to Liberty, In.

Comments

• Ro
      Oct 30, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I am very upset by this. They claimed Correctional Billing Services were the con-artists! They are in the same black pot as they are!

• Ha
      Dec 04, 2009

CONS CALL HOME is a rip off. In July 2008 I purchased 1 year upfront for almost $ 200.00 once they verified that LCIW ( Louisiana Correctional Institute for Women) could accept their phone number provided. LCIW uses GlobalTelink as their phone provider. GlobalTelink will not accept a CCH number because it is a "recycled number". I have not been able to use my phone number one time . The only reply from CCH I have had is that they will cancel my phone number as requested . STILL no explaination or refund of the $ 200 that they took from my bank card ! This is December 2009 and still fighting this !

• Ki
      Mar 26, 2010

RIP OFF!!!

This company CONS CALL HOME is a complete RIP OFF!!! They sell phone numbers that Do Not even work.. then they tell you to call MILLI CORP (WHICH IS THEIR DBA NAME) AND Milli Corp tells you that they don't even recognize the number that CONS CALL HOME provided.

No REFUND!! they are the real CONS - they are not even recognized by the Better Business Bureau
    INFO BY THE BBB LISTED HERE. TO FILE A COMPLAINT ONLINE GO TO:

Website: www.conscallhome.com
    Original Business Start Date: May 2008

Customer Contact: Ms. Karen L. - [protected]) 524-6151

Type of Business: Long Distance Phone Services
    BBB Accreditation: Cons Call Home is not a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names: Millicorp

May 15, 2011

SHAME ON CONS CALL HOME.
    I called this company for help and what i got was a bunch of nonsense. Only after my love one was placed in his final facility was I told by the bogus company did they not cover this company. When I was setting up this account they did not tell me once that they did not cover ALL FLORIDA facilities. They had no problem taking my money, but are having a tough time refunding it. I will stop at nothing to get that money back. I'am reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau and the FDA and any other company I can think of. This company prays on families when they are at there darkest times. I want to let all the families know that I will not stop until everyone get's their money refunded. This is a fight we will win.

• Si
      Jan 02, 2013

I wish I would have found this website before I used thier services.I started my service on the 2nd and called to cancel because I didn't need their service.They ended up telling me because I didn't call on the first which mind you was a holiday they are going to continue to charge my credit card every month and not cancel my account.I think this may be extortion.How are they going to force me to keep their services.I am just going to put a stop payment on this.Hope they get their money.THEY ARE RIP OFFS.

• Fo
      Jun 16, 2014
    Conscallhome - refund
    Conscallhome

This company promotes itself as an agency willing to assist in making contact with inmates in federal prisons easy and affordable. Their reps spin this tale of cheaper rates especially if you agree to extended plans (6 months 1 year etc). After explaining to the rep that I really only needed a 3-4 month plan I was pressured to take a 6 month plan and was clearly told that I would receive a refund when I canceled my plan. When I called to cancel the plan rep (775) says no problem we'll cancel, you'll receive an email notification as well as notice of your refund amount. I called today because I had not received any type of email or other notification and all of a sudden the first rep I talked to said the rates are already discounted so no refund is due. I called back and the rep (522) says that refunds are not offered after the first 4 months. Needless to say I feel that I have been hoodwinked and swindled out of my money. I would suggest anyone thinking about using this type of service should NOT use this company!!!

Oct 01, 2018

I used Cons Call Home for several month. My son got transferred to a different prison sooner than expected. I used Cons Call Home for about 6 months. The people that answer the phones gave me excellent customer service. I got a new number from them as well and it didn't work. After doing some checking around, I figured out that it would be cheaper for me to go directly through Global Tech. When my son used the new number Cons Call Home gave me it wouldn't work at all. Finally I closed my account with Cons Call Home and asked for a refund. Like everyone else, I was told no refunds. So for the month of September they debited my account for the monthly service charge plus a $5.00 charge for adding a phone number that didn't even work. Its real strange how when you call there and ask to speak to someone higher up that makes these no refunds decisions, I was told that they can't be contacted with the phone. My refund request that I asked for when I talked to the Customer Service people told me that they submitted the request to the billing dept. Well how are they????I am still getting E-mails from they saying "One month free of charge if you refer a friend". There is a place at the end of the E-mail to submit any question or concerns so I sent them a message and they were suppose to get back to me within 24 hours, well this never happened. Like a lot of other people I believe that I have been ripped of by this company. Char Hilyard Fresno CA