CompUSA / Fraud and cheating
I bought a 57' Mitsubishi DLP projection TV on Nov 2006 and paid an extra $339.99 for the extended 3-year warranty with one free bulb replacement (explicitly mentioned by the sale rep) at the old CompUSA store in San Marcos, CA. However, I was only given a receipt for the warranty purchase, and was told all the details were recorded in their electronic database.
Today, I just called CompUSA and talked to a warranty rep (his name is Lamarr) about the bulb replacement for my TV since the original one just burnt out, and was told that the warranty didn't cover bulb replacement. I told him it was explicitly mentioned by the sale rep and was the main reason why I bought the extended warranty. But he still told me that it wasn't covered since it was not on the receipt, and he even told me the original salesperson lied just to made the sale on the warranty (sounded like he already knew about this practice).
After reading posts from people who have been cheated by CompUSA, it seems like this is a common scam CompUSA has been doing for years. I'm so furious now and just can't believe such a brand store like CompUSA would do such a thing - I'm willing to participate in any class-action lawsuit brought up against CompUSA regarding this matter.
More CompUSA Complaints & Reviews
- CompUSA - An experience that I hope no other individual must endure 
- CompUSA - Laptop extended warranty 
- CompUSA - BAIT AND SWITCH 
- CompUSA - Failure to follow there own return policies
- CompUSA - Unauthorized charges 
- CompUSA - Can not deliver to hotell
- CompUSA - I will never spend another cent with CompUSA 
- CompUSA - I personally would avoid CompUSA completely due to their complete disrespect for their customers
- CompUSA - Incompetent tech support 
- CompUSA - Scam