Complete Save / unauthorized charges

I have had £10 a month taken from my account by completesave.co.uk and none of these payments were authorized by me. They slipped past my attention because the amount was only £10. I advised my bank these payments were never authorized by me and they have cancelled further payments and put what I already paid in dispute. There is a phone number for them [protected] and I rang it. I spoke to a woman called Pauline Morris who behaved in a very defensive way and was all too quick to insist that I had signed up, even though she hadn't even checked. I asked her to check my name and she had no information on me. Then she started to suggest a member of my family signed up with my card. I said to her that I would be surprised if a representative of legitimate business would be concerned at these fraud allegations I was making and would want to understand fully what happened. She, on the other hand, was merely trying to justify taking unauthorized payments from me. The business has an address 'Sentinel House, Airspeed Road, Portsmouth PO3 5RS. I have written to the police (NFIB) with the details I have on this.

Comments

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2012

£10 was taken out from my account without permission.
    I found out that the company scammed naiv people who think that just will save 10%off next purchase,
    This company must be closed as there are towsends of coplains obout that

• Am
      10th of Jul, 2012

Horrible company have charged us over £70 in last few months recently increasing payments from £10 to £11.25 with out permission or authorisation. Why would a company like trainline allign themselves with a company like this it seems totally senseless. Have complained to train line so we will see if they can keep their reputable image or if they are as bad as completesave.
    What con artists!!!

• De
      24th of Jun, 2018

@Amber28 Just been fiddled out of 90 pounds myself over 6 months. I will find out through my bank what has happened and who gave them my account details. I can only think it being amazon prime but not jumping to any conclusions yet. Disgusting behaviour if so many companies are associated with the said company. Talk about having a licence to print money.

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2012

Mr r osborne, i discovered that £10 was deducted from my bank account by Completesave.co.uk without my permission. this was taken off my Clydesdale bank account on or about the 3rd of august, i informed my bank about what amounts to fraud The bank gave me their phone number, They are based in portsmouth, so i phoned this company to tell that i was angry at someone who had taken £10 off my account without my authorisation, the gentleman at complete save told me that i would be reimbursed, this the clydesdale bank told me that it would take about 3 working days for the money to be credited back to my account, i sincerely hope so, yours sincerely mr r f osborne, PS who can you trust nowadays, i'm an oap.

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2012

i have submitted my complaint.Well a company called Completesave based in Portsmouth took £10 off my bank account without my permission, i phoned them telling them i was very angry with what amounts to fraud, they said i would be reimbursed.I phoned the clydesdale bank, they told me it takes about 3 working days until i am reimbursed.yours sincerely R F OSBORNE.

• Ca
      21st of Aug, 2012

i have also had 10pound taken out of my bank account every month unauthorised it seems when you book with trainline you sign up for this scheme but i did not book any tickets on line at allI Ionly looked on their website now complete save th have put the monthly charge up by another £1. 50 i only discovered it this week when i checked my statement .does trainline know this happening cmurr

• Se
      3rd of Sep, 2012

Unauthorised payments of £10 monthly have been taken from my Bank account, and, despite my Bank contacting this Company to cease these payments, requests have been ignored. Has anyone else been taken in by this scam.

9th of Sep, 2012

Hello Senior74:

I just read your post and it's important to me that your concern is addressed and that your query is resolved. If you would like my assistance, please contact me directly at mary@completesavings.co.uk. If you do contact me directly, please reference this post.

Best regards,
    Mary

• Ir
      12th of Apr, 2017

@Maryo FRAUD - LOCK THEM UP

• Bo
      28th of Sep, 2012

We have just receieved a call from Goldfish to question what were two regular (and thus OK) transactions and one from completesave.co.uk. With the automated system available, I almost missed the £10 taken by Completesave, but then discussed quickly with wife to discover neither of us had authorized this. Luckily we have only actually paid for one £10, which will be credited. However, it appears many 'premium' organisations such as Audible and Experien operate with similar ethics. Audible, using my Amazon information and a signup for free book, subsequently took out £50 before I noticed and stopped further transactions.
    We have to be very very careful indeed

• Ju
      1st of Oct, 2012

very angry - just checked my credit card statement and found that a company called Completesave.co.uk have been taking £10.00 per month from my account without authorisation. I have e-mailed them to stop doing this, will also telephone them and if necessary, report it to the Police as a crime.
    Jennifer

• Mr
      7th of Oct, 2012

i was very annoyed to realise that you have been taking £10 a month from my account without my consent, and i want to put a stop to it
    right now, and would appreciate my money back, if you take anymore i will be forced to take legal action, my bank will be auarized
    to stop paying it, ao please stop right now.
    mrs reid

12th of Oct, 2012

We have just noticed today that we have had 8 payments of £10 taken off our credit card... I phoned them today and was told it was a savings club for several companies like Arogs for instants ... how do I get my money reimbursed any ideas ? Mrs Green

• Su
      30th of Oct, 2012

Complete save company have scanned thousands by taking regular monthly visa debits
    of ten pound without permission, consent of such debits being taking out of their account.
    All victims of this scam share the following characteristics. None of them where even aware of the company existing until their name appeared on a recurring visa debit on their bank account.
    To refund some of your money you can ring this number where they will claim you signed up for their services which is a lie as any one of normal mind would know for sure if they are willingly allowing a company to take ten pound out of the bank a month
    Their number is. 0800 389 6960 ring this...ask for a refund which they will refund three
    months and than ask you to fill in form sent through email to claim another three months back.
    However, there is further action you can take...report it to action against fraud which you can find online..., which i have...report the company to trading standards which l have, and report the activities to watch dog, the bbc news, and all mayor news papers
    which i have. l think everyone on this site should do as i did and stand up against this
    company and get it closed down!!!
    l also reported it to the fraud police...for them to look into.
    Do not be leave the matter at getting your money back just for the company to scam others. Stand up and report it. i have sent email letters to all the mayor newspapers
    requesting their investigative journalists to look into the matter as a potential public
    interest story. Completesave can only continue to get away with this Fraud if its victims
    let them. Don't! Fight back and fight back hard
    my email is sunrisex_moon@hotmail.com

6th of Dec, 2012
    Best Best Advice +5 Votes

###! I did just what 'sinrisex' above advised. Be strong with them and ask for all of your money immediately.
    Ask how did you get my details?
    Why are you taking money out of my account without my permission?
    They will offer you 3 months refund. Say you want it all refunded and they will send you a form. The telesales staff are quite helpful if you keep your nerve. The guy i spoke to sounds like he does refunds all day to be fair to him.
    They tricked me into it when i booked train ticket. Write to trainline or who ever they say links you with them and complain.

• Da
      6th of Dec, 2012

I got drawn in to this scam when I booked accomodation with Travel Lodge. The hook being register for discounts on further bookings. DD to be cancelled forthwith.

• At
      10th of Dec, 2012

Bloody cheek! They have been taking £10 every month since Jan 2012. Contacted my bank who said they would investigate and send a provisional payment to me. They have had loads of complaints regarding this company. There must be an "offcom" for Internet robbery. Does anyone have any other ideas?

• Al
      11th of Aug, 2018

@Atmissbell I've just noticed 15 pounds a month coming out of mine since last Jan after I booked with trainline told my bank and they have cancel any other transactions is there any thing we can do to get money back

• Ne
      19th of Dec, 2012

Completesave is part of Webloyalty which is a limited company registered in Switzerland, you need to report all transactions to your card issuer and claim back all of what they took if you didn't authorise. Try your local Trading Standards Office for further advise. Let's make them do more work to refund monies and since they have no more money coming in hopefully they will call it a day.

• Rt
      2nd of Jan, 2013

MINE WAS SAME AS EVERY BODY ELSE EXCEPT
    EBAY OR TRAIN LINE WAS THE CULPRIT JUST BE CAREFUL TAUGHT ME A LESSON
    IN THE HANDS OF THE BANK NOW

18th of Jan, 2013

3 unauthorised payments of £10 taken

24th of Jan, 2013

I have just realised £10 been taken off monthly my account since 01/12 by completesave.co.uk. I had bought online tickets from trainline.co.uk and then forwarded to this site . I did not authorise ( at least that's what I thought) direct debit payment from my account . It was done in a very sneaky way . I called the company and asked them to stop any further payments and lodged my complaints . They said they will refund me 3 months and will send me form to refund rest . I am disgusted with what these company do . I will also complain to trading standards SP

25th of Jan, 2013

I'm glad, in one way that so many people have been scammed by these people. It has happened to me by booking a train ticket
    with the trainline. I also checked my bank statement and as someone commented as it's 10 pounds didn't really think much
    about it and suddenly realised it was complete savings. I'm really angry that a company can just take monies from your personal
    bank account. I informed my bank and there will be no more payments out, but the only thing the bank would say is that from now on
    they will re-emburse me if it happens again. I keep sending them emails but they come back 'failed' You have to be so very careful
    and it's taught me a lesson. I hope they loose whatever kind of licence they have and that people listen to these comments.
    I live abroad and cannot call the 0800 numbers so cannot contact them to tell them what I think.