Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan / crooked business!
Compass bank is trying to repossess my vehicle - stating that it is a third party or "straw" loan which they are stating is illegal. The story... while in between jobs and my other vehicle failing me my mother purchased a 2005 Dodge Dakota in her name - I am driving the vehicle and making the payments. There have been numerous times that they've stated my payment was late because I did not put on the check the state the loan originated out of - hence charging me late fees - but the loan number and account number were both on the check. Thinking this was all resolved, I mailed my September and October 2006 payment into the bank - the bank is stating that they will not accept my payments because the payment is not being made by my mother who is their customer. I asked for the payoff on the loan thinking I could go get it refinanced in my name through another creditor considering the hell they've been putting me through. I have been paying $483.93 for the past 13 months - totaling $6291.09. They are telling me that of the $6291.09 my loan amount has been reduced by less than $2000.00???? Please someone help me do the math here!!! Plus, if you are paying a loan off early then you by law do not owe the full financing charges - they are stating I still have to pay the full amount of what interest would be owed if I paid the loan out vs. paying it off early. Compass bank is telling me I owe for a payoff almost the full amount of the original loan. This makes no sense!!! It Is Illegal!! Now, here I am a single mother, trying to make payments on a vehicle that Compass bank is saying they are going to repossess for non-payment (they have two checks they refuse to cash because my mother's name is not on them but yet they've taken 13 other checks just like the two they have over the past year). Compass bank is stating the only way I can keep the vehicle is by paying the full amount of the loan which again they are trying to say is only $2000.00 less than what I owed originally!!! Can someone please give me some insight here???? Compass Bank is a crooked business. I think it is time someone stands up to the thieves.
More Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan Complaints & Reviews
- BBVA Compass Bank - frozen account 
- BBVA Compass Bank - non-sufficient funds charges 
- Compass Bank - holding deposits to generate nsf fees 
- BBVA Compass Bank - excessive nsf fee 
- Bvaa Compass Bank - inactive account fee 
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - account permanently frozen after lost check was reported
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - branch manager, and employees at northport alabama branch
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - closed account for no reason and holding on to the funds
- BBVA - credit card services
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - service bbva compass poor and rude customer service