Compass Bank / Illegal Charges

Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

I do not understand how this bank gets away with the things they do. They need to be under investigation. They do not credit deposits made on Friday afternoon until Tuesday? They charge you for absolutely everything. One month I had six fees for on-line bill pay which I had never used. They reveresed the charges but then when I disputed another charge they said I had reached my "maximum" refunds. Hello, the fees were their fault. I was in line one day at another Compass bank and every single person who went up to the window was complaining. The poor teller who had to enforce the rules of this horrible bank. She looked beaten down. They also force you to write a check to yourself to cash it. You cannot write "Cash." I believe this is illegal.

Comments

Ca
  7th of Dec, 2009
Compass Bank, I have an account and experienced the NSF fees, i even complained to the Banking Regulitory Industry who said Compass is in the right to charge the fees. Oh and the NSF fees they keep the bank in business by paying for salaries to the tellers who don't know what they are telling you and managers. The only way to stop this kind of practice is to go to credit unions where the money belongs to us and deposits are credited the same day especially cash.

BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank Logo BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating