Compass Bank Huntsville AL / Unauthorized billing!

1 United States

I had two checking accounts with Compass. I called the 800 number and asked them to link them together. The lady was new and ended up very to call me back and then saying them were linked together. Meaning if money wasn't in 1 account it would pull from the other. Now I find out that that is not even possbile with Compass. I had purchases totaling around $70 and was charged $304 in NSF FEES alone not including purchase. I talked to the Regional Corporate Office and they only offered to credit back three. My direct deposit was $326 and left virtually nothing. I am a single parent on welfare and working trying to survive. Compass has poor customer and rude employees. I ADVISE EVERYBODY NOT TO OPEN A ACCOUNT WITH COMPASS. THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS AND PRACTICING UNFAIR BANKING PRACTICES. BANKS SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO CHARGE UNFAIR FEES. I DO NOT HAVE OVERDRAFT PROTECTION OF MY ACCOUNT THEREFORE THE CHARGES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED BUT THEY ALLOW THEM BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY CAN CHARGE THESE FEES.