Compass Bank - Decatur, AL / Bogus late fees!

This company piled on bogus late fees to my credit card bill, I tried to work with them on this mistake, even agreeing to pay off the total bill, minus the disputed amount, but they refused.

They continued adding the late fees to the tune of about 300.00. I eventually had to get the Better Business Bureau involved in this dispute, after this, the company resolved the dispute, agreeing to the original disputed amount, but, they had done damage to my credit with mis-information sent to the credit bureaus.

I explained to them, that since they agreed to the settlement of the original amount, they should also do the right thing and correct the damaging information sent to the credit bureaus. The bank's representatives were very nasty and rude through out my six month ordeal with them, they also refused to correct the mis-information sent to the credit bureaus. Cut throat company, very unprofessional, will never get involved with them again.

Compass Bank, Decatur, AL. 35699, Credit Card Division

A  7th of Apr, 2009 by
That sucks man.

Compass Bank, Lafayette CO

I am having a hell of a time having them to STOP running a check that was run and posted into the recipients account back in 2007. They have done it 3 times with today being the latest incident. Both prior times that have resulted in crediting the money back into my account after alot of back and forth and my time wasted...for their error. Now they say I owe them $1200.

I am fighting this and spreading the word. Do NOT bank at Compass. I also agree on the lack of professionalism. The CS Mgr acted like I was putting him out.

BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank Logo BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank
15 20th St. S Ste 1501