Columbia House / Bad service

I would like the account people at Columbia house to get their stuff together. They tell me my account is closed but keep sending me directors choices. If you throw it away they charge you for the dvd and bill my credit card. I've tried contacting them with no response. This really ***. I'm wasting stamps every month because they won't let me stop the account. I'm just letting everybody know about this so you don't get wrapped up in this mess. Thanks for letting me vent and I hope this helps someone down the line.

Na

Comments

• Ho
      7th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the Director Selection which should of been shipped 12/8/2008 I have yet to receive this dvd but believe me they took the money out of my bank account on that date. I did find a contact number 1-800-262-2001 after following several voice prompts to finally talk to real person only to be hung up on by Daniel. I called back and spoke to someone else who informed me that they can NOT issue a credit until 4 weeks have passed. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on again. I would recommend going to your local Walmart over joining this club which has horrible customer service.

5th of Feb, 2009

I placed an order, they ignored it, a duplicate order that costs more than double the original order (and includes a DVD I didn't order) suddenly shows up in my account history and they're charging me for that. They won't cancel that fake order, are giving me the runaround that it's "being reviewed, " all the while still sending me items from the duplicate order and charging me. They claim that they can't cancel it and that I have to return it to them once I get it, while still charging me this whole time.

Update: So what happens after I send the items back to them? They create yet another false order for only three of the four titles I originally ordered, and charge me $20 more for those three items than my actual order for four items! Why can't they just send me the damn order I actually made and charge me the correct amount for it? The level of incompetence at Columbia House is mind-blowing.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me. One time I asked them why they weren't shipping out an order, so what do they do? Create a second order and charge me twice! When I tell them what they just did, they created a third order and charged me a third time! When I returned the two duplicate orders, they froze my account because of excessive returns!

You get what you pay for -- cheap movies but the worst customer service possible. If you ever sign up with them, I strongly recommend a virtual credit card with a cap so they can't pull this crap on you.

• So
      22nd of Mar, 2010

"If you throw it away they charge you for the dvd and bill my credit card." WTF? You through the DVD away? Well, of course they charged you! They think you kept it!

Though, they should NOT keep sending you stuff after you cancel. That's not right.