Club Penguin / Sneaky Recurring Billing Ripoff

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Yep. I got scammed too. But not "technically, " which is what they rely on. A year ago, when I clicked the "1 Month" button on Disney's Club Penguin site, they set billing to recur. They've since changed their membership graphic, so it's a little more clear now than it was a year ago when my child forked over $8 for online frivolity that I traditionally refuse to pay for. I caught the inconspicuous billing (in an online payment service I rarely use) when I was $80 into Club Penguin charges. I complained. Disney repeatedly told me they went "above and beyond" in refunding 3 months for me, which means Disney still ripped off $50 from my family. They have obviously had problems with this in the past and have had ample time to correct the situation by making their policy absolutely crystal clear. Though it's a tad better now, it's still somewhat misleading. Why haven't they fixed this? Obviously, they appreciate the extra income generated by the confusion. They got $50 out of us, but it will cost them a whole lot more. We will intentionally avoid Disney products in the future. SHAME ON YOU, DISNEY!

As
Aug 3, 2013

Comments

• Ms
      10th of Aug, 2014

The reoccurring billing with Club Penguin is wrong. We signed up for a month only to find out this reoccurs and we have to use our Apple account to cancel. I find this ethically very wrong.