Closets by Design / Four trips to complete the installation!

Closets by Design - located in Gardena but they cover the entire Southern California area

Repeated assurances by the installation department that "the men were coming" were false. It took four trips to complete the installation because of improper scheduling on their part, incorrect and missing parts, and/or misreading the contract. In the meantime, my letter to the company concerning their inept customer service went completely unanswered.

When a dispute arose over payment (I declined to pay the balance until someone from corporate called me to discuss the shoddy customer service and workmanship), Antonio, the installation supervisor, sent the workmen back in to physically remove the buildouts. When I threatened to call the police if they did not leave, they left.

It wasn't until I refused payment that I received a call from Roman, the district manager. At first, his attitude was similar to that of Antonio's (who, as best I can tell, is the source of most of the problems). When I finally advised him that I would be filing a complaint with the State Contractor's Board (as several people have before me), he mellowed out and listened to what I had to say. By the way, although Mary Reimer is listed on the State Contractor's License Board, Roman told me she is no longer with the company.

By the way, it would appear that Closet World is somehow interconnected to Closets by Design since both companies have the same address - at least according to the State Contractor's License Board.

A  3rd of May, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Closet World, Closets by Design, Closet Factory, Closets Works, ect. ALL owned or operated by the same Mafia!
Check out the CSLB! and "google" them!
DO NOT give anyone of them one cent...
N  27th of Dec, 2009 by
Actually, as a designer working in he closet and cabinet industry, I can tell you neither California Closet, Closet Factroy, nor Easy Closets, have any ties to Closet World or Closet by Design (although those two are the same company).

And while I wish someone would close down Closet World and Closets by Design because they are giving a bad reputation to my industry and ripping people off, I can also tell you that they are not run by a 'mafia'.

Please refrain from making baseless accusations Don.

Closets by Design Logo Closets by Design