Cleary Building Corp. / Poor communication, difficult to work with

1 McHenry, IL, United States

I had a building built by Cleary Building Corp, based in Verona WI; I used their Lake Geneva Office. In short, the building was 6 weeks LATE to begin the build and they misjudged the soil and asked for 25% more for the difficult soil. I paid for some of that. The crew was wrapping up on a very cold Christmas Eve, and once spring came, and I had paid for the building, I asked for a couple of small corrections due to poor workmanship. The building had 3 small problems, and its been 8 weeks, and they have not yet been able to replace one panel.

They also subcontracted the concrete, and were unclear on what I paid for with that contractor. He installed a lower strength concrete, and 6 weeks later, they are still not dealing with me to adjust the price of the material.

The building is fine, communication was very poor, and I would not use them again. The most shocking for a large company is the organization of the lake Geneva office and Brad Zenner's promises are unbelievable. In the 9 months I've had to deal with him, he has not been able to keep his work, despite his claim to be the decision maker.

Il