CitiMortgage / loan modification

FL, United States Review updated:

I am not going to tell the same story as everyone on here. Just sent letters off to the attorney generals office in florida. Sent documentation to ftc in washington, also to the ftc in florida.

Long and short of it is this
1) unethical truth in lending practices
2) Notary Fraud ...they took first document I signed and had notarized that got me into the HAMP program and switched notarized page to new loan modification paper work. they doubled my payments
3) They back dated documents HA I kept very good notes on times and dates and the person I was speaking with while they were taking my automatic payments every month for the original documents. I saved my western union grams every month.
(side bar the recorded conversations by law cannot be destroyed )

I have a foreclosure attorney & now have an attorney to handle class action suit on a contingency basis but I need a few others to get the ball rolling ...Sorry this is for florida residents only
Again there is no out of pocket expense to you to see if you fit into the class action of deceptive trade practices that seem common place by all the reviews on here.

If you would like to take part in this class action please contact
James at [protected]@yahoo.com
Please we all are in need of help and I am sharing this with all of you so you know how to get some answers from our elected government officials.
I will not stop fighting this cruel and just criminal actions by Citimortgage.
I am for real just google Palm Beach post from Friday Feb 10, 2012

Comments

• Pa
      28th of Nov, 2009

My husband and I both work for the State of MD. In July I was advised that my hours would be cut from 40 to 35. My husband would receive a salary reduction and we both would have to take unpaid furlough days. I contacted CitiMortgage to see if we could refinance our second mortgage at a lower rate. I was advised that we qualified for a modification and was given a trial period of 3 months to pay. We paid October and November but we were still getting calls from CitiMortgage asking for our payment. We would tell them that we were going through a modification, they would check and then tell us to disregard. Finally, we received a delinquent notice saying we had not paid 2 months. I called and after being on the phone a total of 2 hours and also being hung up on once, I asked to speak to a manager. She told me that we never really qualified for the loan mod and that we had to pay back what we were behind. We have not paid what we were behind and do not intend to. To make matters worse, she told me that because it was an error that she would take it off the credit report(she gave me a cof#) and that she would apply the 2 payments to one month and waive any late fees(another conf#). Well, not a chance. We are receiving letters advising that they will not take it off of our creit report and they are not even acknowledging that it was their error to begin with. It is sad that they get the bailout help and turn around and laugh at heir customers with the government turning a blind eye. Sad. My husband and I have decided that it is just a house. If we lose it, so be it. It is not worth the stress !

• Ph
      30th of Nov, 2009

Please see my blog post regarding our situation...it's a mess too, beyond words and I would certainly like find someone to take on a class action suit! http://www.themommymentor.com/?p=677

• Jm
      4th of Dec, 2009

I was also in a loan mod with Citimortgage...so I thought.. I sent them all docs requested that were required by July 09. When I called to see if they were recieved ( I knew they were because of the fax report) I was told all was fine...until mid August when I get a call from Jamal Mjangi ( India) saying that I must make a payment before August 30th!! I was told not to make ANY payments until the mod was complete!! He even agreed that I was approved twice!! I was never sent any docs from them. Ofcourse I did not send a payment...thought something was fishy. When I tried to call 2 days later to the automated system and entered my account # it went to a busy signal. Finally a week into Sept 09 I get some yahoo telling me that my account was charged off!! When I asked why believe it or not the rep actually admitted that Citimortgage was not able to submit my docs in time!! I said "And thats my fault?" No but there is nothing we can do. BTW: I was not behind when I went into this...just wanted to lower my payments..I was told on every conversation NOT to make a payment until I recieve docs... UGHH!! Another shady company...Im all about a class action suit!! contact me [protected]@yahoo.com

• Do
      16th of Dec, 2009

I applied for a Loan Modification through CitiMortgage in May 2009. The new lower (TRIAL) loan amount was deducted from my checking account the 1st of each month. I receive a letter on December 15, 2009 stating that I was declined the modification because I make too much money. I then find out that CitiMortgage never notified me to revert the payments starting in September to the original loan amount. The "partial payments" they were receiving were never posted to my account and I was reported as being past due to the credit bureaus. My credit score was 798 when I applied for the modification. It is now 635. All because CitiMortgage never notified me that there was even a problem.
    The sad thing is if I refinance there is no assurance that the lender won't sell my mortgage back to there idiots.

• Li
      26th of Jan, 2010

we have been in "negotiation" with Citimortgage for 13 months over a loan modification. They have changed the Loan officer four times, make it impossible to have our attorney speak with them, and have ruined our credit. My advice is to file a complaint with the office of the comptroller of the currency. If the OCC receives enough complaints they may act on it. I am wondering why no one has launched a class action law suit. They received the biggest amount of bailout money it is time for them to pay up!

• Al
      27th of Jan, 2010

I am going through the same thing, they say i owe 12, 000. I was paying the modified amount until the decision came through that I was denied. So my question to you is that they did not apply the low payment to your account. I call and I get the run around. Did you get a solution or resolve this issue??

• Si
      27th of Jan, 2010

I am sick of the abuse that I have suffered because of CitiMortgage. After a horrific divorce, I called them to see if I could modify my mortgage. I never had one single late payment. I was never later, not EVER. I was told I qualified for the "3 month trial" period in May 2009. I was told they would send me the packet of document to complete and send back for the modification.

I sent EVERYTHING in Sept 2009 before the due date. I had a delivery signature confirmation that they received all of the documents. I called one week later to confirm and I was told they acknowledged they received the documents, but they could not FIND the actual documents. The representative told me, yes, actually told me that the documents did not get "imaged". He suggested that "maybe someone forgot to hit the SAVE button". I was sick and socked but it didn't stop there.

I finally got a hold of someone in the document department (they outsource this proceedure - guess they didn't get enough TARP money to hire people to do this job). I ONCE AGAIN, for the SECOND TIME faxed all of the documents to the document department. I called and they confirmed they received everything in November 2009.

After I'd faxed everything for the second time, I started to receive automated phone calls telling me that I had to send the same documents they already had. I started to receive text messages telling me that I had to call immediately. When I called, they had no idea what I was talking about. I was told my modification request went to the underwriter the first week in December. I have paid my reduced mortgage payment EXACTLY as they required me to do. EXACTLY to the "T".

Today, 1/27/10, there's another UPS package at my front door. I open it up and there is a THIRD request for the hardship affidavit. #3! I called there number 7 times before I got to speak to someone. I was told to ignore the request because my loan is in underwriting. This is THE MOST ABUSIVE PROCESS that I have ever been involved in.

CitiBank is the only bank that has not paid TARP back. NO ONE at CitiMortgage knows what is going on or if they do, they don't care. This is a complete OUTRAGE. Are there others willing to participate in a class action lawsuit.

I wish someone would help me. Why is this happening. How can they get away with this?

• Mh
      1st of Feb, 2010

When you find the answer let me know for I have been doing this since the same time and still have no answer and am on my 2nd underwriter and am missing 2 of my payments in unapplied funds not to mention that my docs are missing as well.

• Mh
      1st of Feb, 2010

CitiMortgage and there process for modification loss for words what to do

• Kp
      4th of Feb, 2010

I see I'm not the only won who feels citi-mortgage is a bunch of bullying crooks. Last year I was having financial problems and alerted them to my upcoming problems and if there was anyway this can be worked out. I was 2 months behind and had NEVER before missed any payments or even been late. The representative said since I was a customer in good standing she could put me in the HAMP program that had just been started. OK fine so she enrolled us and we made the payments as was scheduled for 3 months with a lower rate. At the end of the 3 months when it was time for the review a different representative told me that the other lady should not have offered a program that they dont participate in. So I ask her how is this possible, how could she have knowledge and information of a program that you DO NOT offer. Her response was basically too bad that's your problem not ours. Then she went on to tell me that she sees that an agreement was made and the terms were satisfied but again so what in our eye you owe us 3 months worth of late fees plus the difference in the payments since although we were approved for the new rates, it did not matter because it was lower than my original payments were. long story short I now have a ballon payment of over $5, 000 just because they can do it and get away with it. Never mind that I have not missed a payment of any kind since that program that they put me on began. And even though there is a record of the agreement they are not honoring it. sound confusing????? well imagine how I feel. If anyone out there knows of a class action please let me know I'll be sure to join in.

• Mi
      12th of Feb, 2010

I just got told that we were removed from the loan modification program...wait for it...because we have a little too much money in the bank. They define this as savings totaling more than 3 of the new mortgage payments. This is totally outrageous and was never indicated in any of the paperwork they sent to us! And by the way, having a little money in the bank (not a lot mind you) should be a GOOD thing for a bank to see...you know as in we are a lower risk for them since we know how to save and are responsible?

I'm going to contact the OCC as the original post said. That and all of the local media, my state and federal representatives and start a campaign on social media. I have left a message with the "analyst" who made the determination but have not heard back yet.

• Wa
      30th of Mar, 2010

after a year of double talk and sending citimortgage paperwork over and over again...they now submited to the credit bureau that I was behind on payments...they then agreed it was in error...but the damage has been done...credit cards companies started cancelling my cards...I have never been even late on any payments...furthermore...they did NOT pay my taxes or my insurance and I had to come up with the money on my own...I am in much worse position due to citimortgages errors ...I want to know how to sue them or be a part of class action

• Pu
      1st of Apr, 2010

We are in a similar situation. We started the Home Affordable Modification process in October. In January they said we were in the last 3 days before our loan approval. The counselor requested additional bank statements that she wanted faxed to her. The first fax was sent 2/2/10, the very same day she called and asked for them. I told her to please call me when she receives them, or that I'd call to check. Many days of calling and leaving messages that were not returned followed. Other customer service agents would email her messages as well and still no word. I faxed these documents over six times made attention to my counselor. I also had one customer service Instant Message her where she gave me another number to fax them to. Today is 3/31/10 and I am told that my review has been cancelled per my counselor because my documents not being turned in. That's funny yesterday when I called I asked for fax numbers I got three. I then faxed my documents to the three phone numbers, twice each. Only difference is I made it attention the Home Affordable Modification Department rather than my counselor and low and behold, they received all six. Now they're telling me I will be assigned a new counselor because they want me to do another modification. This is disgusting. Does anyone know of any class action suit being filed against Citimortgage?

• Be
      14th of Apr, 2010

Oh my...We have been trying for a modification since April 2009. We were put into a "3 month" trial payment plan in August, and were told do not make the payment a penny more or less and send them on time or we will be kicked out immediately. Finally on Decmeber 16th 2009 we recieved an approval letter by email which stated our paper work would be delivered with 5-7 days. On the 29th of Dec when we still hadn't recieved the paper work we called and a nice lady said "oh honey just be patient with the holidays and all things are just slow. But don't worry you have been approved and your paper work should arrive any day now. On the 21st of January we called to make a payment and were qouted the trial amount, we made that payment and then asked why we still have not recieved our modification paper work. We were then told we had been denied the HAMP program and were automatically being put into a trad. mod. Once again for at least the 5th time we were told we needed to send in updated information for the new program, which we did. Now we are being told we do not qualify for this new program because they do not recognize my Unemployment, therefore we don't make enough money to qualify. So we said how come we were approved for the HAMP in DEC 09 and then told we were denied, they said we made to much money. Now we recieved a letter stating that we are 8, 000 dollars behind in payments and they will set us up on a payment plan to make it up...you do the math...we started a trail payment in Aug 09 with a savings of 600 per month we have done this for 8 months 600 X 8= 4, 800 how can we be behind $8, 000????? And if we are struggeling to make our original payment how the heck are we supposed to make additional payments?? I think I finally get it, its actually the Forclosure program that we qualify for !!!

Frustrated and Feed up

• Jl
      11th of May, 2010

After about 16 months of correspondences I do not understand how I am considered ineligible borrower and am not able to be offered the HAMProgram because of a calculation that I have not been informed of...Pleas e-mail an example to what it takes to qualify...I have sent out several Packets to loan officers Ms. Carmen Campose 18667516913 ext20378 fax#18667144162 Ms Leticia Mechado 18002837918 fax#16362617706 Mr.James 1866413-4560 ext3780 Attn: VATeam2fax#18664371319Ms. Edith Batt 18662724749 opt.2 fax# 18669891356 /15206622000 (Arizona) Victor Garcia 18662724749 (Loss Mitigation) Mr. Eric Harris 18004221498 ext3632 and have sent packets to several different locations: Citimortgage, Inc., 6400 Las Colinas Blvd., Irving TX 75039; P.O. Box 689196, Des Moines, IA 50368-3040;P.O. Box 183040, Columbus, OH 43218-3040. Each time I called to verify if they had received my packets of 20-30 pages...Several times they had to be updated, retrieved again, and modified for the new loan counselor...because they were lost...scary...packets containing my life story and ss#, loan numbers, bank statements, tax information all the stuff any scam artist could use against me...I am having to reorder my credit reports, put a halt on them, etc. I am going question all aspects of this seemingly facade of assisting

• Jl
      11th of May, 2010

go to www.occ.treas.gov/ftp/ADVISORY/2009-1.pdf for OCC consumer for tips for Mortgage Modification scams and foreclosure rescue scams...it gives good advice and government resources in article on pages 3 and 4

• Sf
      13th of May, 2010

I have been dealing with CitiMortgage since 2009 and have been getting the run around also. They never informed me that I was denied the mortgage modification, until I just called them yesterday. They say I should have been back making the bigger payments back in February. Hello! The one department tells me I am in preforeclosure, have to come up with $3-$4000 down at once, and the rest can be put on top of my monthly mortgage payment, which would increase it to almost 1700 a month. I can't afford the 1204 a month, but they want me to pay that much. Another department tells me I'm not in preforeclosure or any such foreclosure and my loan is still pending for a traditional mortgage modification. That person told me to contact them every 2 weeks to check on the status. Who do I believe? Am I going to lose my home? I reported them to the Better Business Bureau, ACLU, and the State Attorney General. We'll see if anyone's willing to help someone in need.

15th of May, 2010

We all have the same story. The scam is so obvious because they use the same script on all of us. I was told by someone in Citi that it is a scam. The money is used for investments and bonus's for the big wigs. I have an attorney who is working with attorneys on the west and east coast together for a class action suit. Contact Jessica Sleater at 212-631-8627, fax 212-868-1229, and email at [protected]@milberg.com. Carla

2nd of Jun, 2010

I started the process of my loan modification at the end of October 2009 many letters and phone calls later, 9 months to be exact. I found out that they would only reduce my mortgage 7 dollars. That's right SEVEN DOLLARS. If i would have known that they were just going to waste my time i would have just walked away from my condo as many people who live here have already. This is one big game. After that the Representative said that they are trying to do a traditional modification. Lets see how long that takes.

• Un
      3rd of Jun, 2010

I was in a 5/1 ARM with Citi, and went through the modification process with them. I came out with a $400 monthly payment INCREASE. They did put me into a fixed-term loan, but there's no way I'm making the bigger payments on a house that isn't worth half of what I owe on it. According to them I am not eligible for a principal rate reduction. So the house is on the market and I'm done paying, it'll either be a short sale or foreclosure, whichever comes first. What I don't understand is that they'll approve a short sale but won't even consider a principal reduction. Thanks, Citi.

• Li
      3rd of Jun, 2010

Sounds like you were dumb to get an ARM in the first place, and then blame the loan company for not reducing the amount you agreed to pay by thousands. Something for nothing, eh?

3rd of Jun, 2010

Actually i had a fixed interest amount but they changed my monthly payment every year because they could not get the amount i was suppose to pay to my escrow correct. I'm not trying to make them lower my payments to a lower rate because i am trying to be smart I need them to lower it because i was originally paying 800 then it went all the way up to 1170. I don't know about you but i know what my budget can afford and to have such a huge jump was crazy. The 1100 is what i was expecting to pay with the maint. fees included and to have to pay almost 1400 i can afford that.

• Da
      7th of Jun, 2010

CitiMortgage has approved my modification 3 times and now I am awaiting them to contact me, again...it will never happen ...

CitiMortgage denied that I signed a reaffirm document during my bankruptcy, though they responded by letter that they received it...

CitiMortgage intentionally delayed my second request for modification because I hired a company to handle it ...

I simply stopped paying my mortgage and contacted a civil court judge in my area...his answer was simply sue the hell out them...they think that because you have signed a mortgage that they can't loose, but Obama has changed all that...CitiMortgage changed the terms of everyone's mortgage when they accepted 97 billion tax payers dollars for the purpose of helping homeowners..The people need to bring down CitiMortgage and a Class Action Lawsuit is the only way to do it !!! So, if you are a attorney and want to make millions here is your chance...

• Me
      9th of Jun, 2010

Same thing happened to me...was contacted by Citi asking if I got the paperwork for the Modification loan. Was told I was going on a 3 month trial period. All was well, until the 3 months were up and I called to see when I would receive my final paperwork and was told that they had no record that I was on the trial period! I had to apply again. So another 3 month go by...Im getting a ton of phone calls from Citimortgage because I was told to mail payments to some other division of Citi and my payments werent showing up on my account. Im sure my credit is completely messed up. Anyway, its been a year and I just got paperwork from Citi for an ARM. Seriously, what am I supposed to do at this point?

Here is the email for Citimortgage's CEO Vikram Pandit:

Also, the phone # for the executive response team:

1-877-245-2511

• Kp
      10th of Jun, 2010

This modification stuff was the worst thing I have ever been involved in.I never get the same answer twice to the same question. Been in modification over a year and now say i'm declined and owe them 7000 dollars now or will be foreclosed .Was never late on mortgage but lost job and income. First they said all docs were not in and when I proved they where they changed it to proof of additional income and there is no additional income. Someone need to be looking into this, mainly our lawmakers. oh but it election time so that won't work. does anyone know who we should turn to to help us.

• Sc
      18th of Jul, 2010

Please help. i filed chapter 13 almost 5 yrs ago. i put my 2005 city taxes in my chapter 13.I have made all my loan payments in full. In 2006 i recieved a letter from citibank saying i owed 2006 taxes, i didnt owe anything taxes were pd in full.I recieved proof and faxed all info to citibank. Maybe a year later i recieve a letter saying i owed hazard ins, that my home had no ins on it. I have owned this home for over 23 yrs now had the same ins company allstate the whole time.Faxed over all info again. I get another letter a few weeks later saying everything up to date. A few months after that i get a letter saying they never recieved the info, i had my ins company fax again. Meanwhile during all this i called citibank no one seems to know what i am talking about, i get transfered to many depts, hung up on etc... I can never get a straight answer from them. About a yr ago i get a new statement from citibank where they tacked on 402.00 extra a month for escrow. I never had a escrow account with citibank, i pay all taxes and ins seperate. i called citibank to find out why the are charging me 402.00 more a month, got transferred to many depts told they were going to look into it and get back to me to no avail. My chapter 13 lawyer has spoke to citibank lawyers and the lawyers from citibank never got back to my lawyer, it has been a year now. My attorney said to just keep paying the regular payment of 589.00 every month to we find out why they tacked on 402.00 more a year. I called the escrow dept on 07/14/10 spoke to kimberly, i was on hold for almost a hr on and off, she came back on the phone and said the 402.00 extra payment was for the taxes owed from 2005, this has already been pd, it was put into my chapter 13 in 2005. My chapter 13 will be dismissed this coming oct. The 5 year plan is up then. Kim from citibank said she would get back to me that my account is locked and she couldnt do anything at the moment and she would have someone in the escrow dept correct this whole mess and she would call me back. I recieved a notice to take me to court on august 13th to start foreclosure. IO have nothing wrong, every payment has been made to citibank, every tax and home ins including flood ins of 1200.00 extra per year. Please help i dont know what to do. I am sick over all this.

18th of Jul, 2010

>>>I recieved a notice to take me to court on august 13th to start foreclosure.<<<<

Are you saying they are requesting a "motion for relief" from the bankruptcy courts to pursue foreclosure? If so, I'm going through the same thing for a different reason. Our lawyer goes to court on our behalf July 22. What you will need to do is make a copy of all your proof of payments (even if it is bank statements or cancelled checks from your bank, insurance company, whoever). Fax them to your lawyer, then if you do owe any money what so ever you would need to give your lawyer that amount in certified funds payable to Citimortgage. Your lawyer would go to court, on your court date and present the evidence of all your payments to the judge (if it's bankruptcy court) and then it would be up to the judge whether or not they would be approved for the motion for relief.

If you have proof you are up to date with your payments (taxes, insurance, ect) and they can't prove you are in default, then their motion will be denied by the bankruptcy court. Also, your trustee should know that your 2005 taxes are in your bankruptcy you may be able to request a letter from him/her stating that or your original documents with that info on it (copied and faxed to your lawyer, but he should have that info as well).

You have some protection, since you're in a bankruptcy that others do not (unfortunately), where they (citi) can not just take your home.

Good Luck

• Pu
      19th of Jul, 2010

My last posting was on 3/31/10. That was the day that Citi informed me that I was denied for the HAMP program and they would try and get me a Traditional Mortgage. Since then I found NACA, a nonprofit organization that advocates for homeowners free of charge. They helped me work up a budget and sent in a proposal to Citi. My proposal was sent in on 5/4/10 and I've been checking weekly with NACA and Citi for any updates to my account. Finally, this past Friday I received an email that said, my request for mortgage assistance has been approved and my paperwork should be in the mail 5-7 days. I would suggest to anyone and everyone that needs assistance to go to the NACA website and also Loansafe.org where you can read about other peoples experiences dealing with their mortgage companies. Good luck to all and I will update with whatever happens.

• Do
      11th of Aug, 2010

Where do WE go for a class action lawsuit concerning HAM program ? - ITS UNBELIEVEABLE

• Da
      11th of Aug, 2010

I was approved for loan modification July, 2009; due to, my mother's medical condtions. For seven months all my payments were made on time; however, December, 2009, I was no longer approved. Due to my expenses. I had good credit and when I was no longer approved, I had to pay back money from July-December-2009 and January-2010 payments; which, total of $3, 169.00. I didn't have all the money and it was reported to my credit. Because of Citimortgage approving me for this modification and later denial me and telling me to pay all the money that was waived from July 2009, has put me in a worst financial situation. CitiMortgage should want to help their customers;instead, they act if they want us to lose our home. Due to this loan modfication, people have lost their homes.
    lynette 404-2853790

• Bo
      8th of Sep, 2010

Regardless of what anyone says, Citi is THE worst when it comes to bankruptcy! Not only do they remove your ability to check your account online (gee...let's make it as hard as possible for our borrowers to make payments!) but they treat you (at least they do me) like a common criminal. They refuse to discuss any type of modification with me, according to them they have to talk to my attorney (who isn't interested in the time it would take). So, I'm left paying an additional $1100 a month on my mortgage!

If anyone is going to do a class action, please contact me! [protected]@gmail.com

Kelly

• Su
      14th of Sep, 2010

I have been going through all these same things since 2/08 after my husband was laid off for the 2nd time. First we didn't qualify for any assistance because we didn't make enough money. My husband then got a job w/ a temp. service, and we made $100 too much. They didn't wanna work with us until I finally told them they could have the house. Then they decided they would help us. They said we qualified for a modification and we faxed in paper work over and over again, I finally sent it certified. They still tried to say they didn't get it. My last contact was they were waiting for the paper work from IRS. Just not got notification that were in default of over 12, 000 and we have to pay by 10/09/10 HAHA If we were having trouble paying the monthly mortgage amount, were not going to have that kind of money layin around... I'm fed up...Now they opened it back up and we have to start all over again bunch BS...I will join a class action anytime...I live in Indiana [protected]@aol.com

• Ca
      17th of Sep, 2010

I am in the exact same boat. I wish we could get a group to together and file a law suit. There has to be a lawyer out there that would be willing to go after if nothing else our credit reports being fixed.

• La
      19th of Sep, 2010

CitiMortgage cannot provide customers with the same answer twice. They knew from the start they were not going to approve the HAMP loans to most homeowners. We are all strung along so Citi can collect money from taxpayers bail out money and the homeowner whom acts in good faith. DO NOT TRUST CITIMORTGAGE. They are liars and will forclose on your property without notice. The big lenders are allowed to break the law and do not care about any homes that could easily been spared from foreclosure. They claim a big loss each financial quarter end and the government throws more taxpayer money to keep them going on with their evil, heartless, greedy scam. Unbelievable that our government allows this to happen to thousands of families. It is a loosing battle.

• Tr
      11th of Oct, 2010

I'm not going to repeat everyones complaints. I've experience the same problems with Citi. I started two years ago when I noticed I am depleting my savings and 401k accounts. I married a girl in Vietnam that has breast cancer. I paid for the first operation cash in Vietnam. Then I brought her and son to the US. Paid thousands on immigration fees. She had a job for awhile but still needed operations. So I lost the second income we had for our home and credit cards. She still needs a couple more operations that I have to pay cash because her doctor is not recognized by my company's new insurance provider. After many operations, she's not going to switch doctors now to finish the job.

CitiMortgage would not talk to me until I fell behind on the monthly payments. Now, when I am in deeper trouble they are interested. Sent in numerous hardship packages. We did the trial payment which was good, about $400 less but after 3 months, they gave me a modification that was $137 lower than the original loan, 40yr term and tacked on $15000. I didn't sign the modification but still trying to work with them to give me time for my wife to find a job after she finishes school. They are not interested. Now we are force to leave my home after 26 yrs. I'm not trying to screw anybody over, , just want help! Its difficult and so frustrating to work with CitiMortgage.

• Du
      13th of Oct, 2010

January 2010, I applied for a loan modification. I signed a contract, from CitiMortgage, that stated it would take 90 days and I would have a new trial mortgage payment. I was reassured I qualified for teh program. After submitting all required documents and making my payments on the day I was required for 90 days, I heard nothing. On month 4, April 2010, I made my payment and was told everything was OK. That they were overwhelmed, but I was in final review. May 2010, nothing yet. Paid on time. This time I was quizzed my the girl why I in the program and told some forms had expired and I needed to resubmit. I did immediately and was told I should hear soon. June 2010, made my payment, but no progress. A phrase that I hear every time I call was "you are in the final stages of review." July 2010, made my payment with "you are in final stages of review." July 26, 2010, I receive a much anticipated letter from CitiMortgage, but this letter pushes me to the brink of suicide. It claimed I was behind 2 months mortgage and could possibly be moved into pre-foreclosure.

I call the number on the phone, but get nothing; just a full mailbox. The next day I get through, I get sent to my "counselor." I was told on July 19 I was denied the federal loan modification and on July 21 my account was sent to collections. During the conversation, the girl advised my account was moved to the companies loan modification and I should hear something within the next 30 days. I still, to this day in October, have never received notice why I was turned down, per the contract I signed. My mortgage payment was raised $800, pre loan modification. They added escrow without my permission.

The following week, the next person I get a call from was collections. "Sell your house then sir, we want our $11, 000 dollars. Don't you want to stay in your house, then we need that money.""You are no longer in a loan modifcation." So I call back my "counselor". Her voicemail stated she was in training for 30 days and would not be checking her voicemail. Her supervisor had the same message. Now began the weekly calls for months in regards to people that I never spoken to twice. I finally had someone tell me I was in the process for a company loan modification, but it would now take 60 days; the end of September, 2010 (9 months if you're keeping track). I finally had to contact a loan modification company to help me. That is $3300 out of my pocket. I pay my September mortgage on time, but technically I'm still two months behind.

October 1st. CitiMortgage collections calls like clock work, we're becoming friends now. But as for customer service, that's a different story. Citimortgage left a message for me to call, "Mr. [censored], please call me (no name left) back at 866-###-####. Thank you." I called and no had any idea who called me or why. A few days later, the service I paid for calls me and says a woman named Shirley (CitiMortgage will never let me talk to her) says she needs my 2009 taxes, which they have! So after 2 hours of trying to reach Shirley and getting denied, I'm finally told they want every piece of tax return I can send. I faxed 82 pages of Turbo Tax crap. It took 3 days to verify someone received it. I was eventually told it was received, but now Cory was my counselor. they even gave me his direct number. Well Cory doesn't have voicemail. The number given just rings and rings... It occassionally had a busy signal, but still nothing.

This time I get a new manager at customer service who even gives me her employee ID number. She tells me that I have a diferent counselor. She says she is sympathetic to my problem and doesn't understand what the hold up is. Several e-mails were sent to Cory and my new counselor and doesn't understand why no one has called me back. This manager promised she would call me back within a few hours to see if she got anywhere. Three days later I'm still waiting, but my friend the collections agent called and promised to help me if I could at least pay my late fee of $1700, even though technically I have never been late and this isn't my fault, though CitiMortgage doesn't see it that way.

I don't know where else to turn or where to go. Why do these companies assume I just have $11K just laying around when they lied and put me in this position in the first place. I have never felt so lost and such a loser. I have thought several times of pulling the trigger and ending it all. Maybe my wife could use the life insurance money to pay for teh house, but then I stopped myself. Not because the fear of death, the fear that my term-life insurance is with Primerica, a company by Citi, which owns CitiMortage, which means my wife and kids wouldn't get a dime.

• Du
      13th of Oct, 2010

The following week, the next person I get a call from was collections. "Sell your house then sir, we want our $11, 000 dollars. Don't you want to stay in your house, then we need that money. "You are no longer in a loan modification So I call back my "counselor". Her voicemail stated she was in training for 30 days and would not be checking her voicemail. Her supervisor had the same message. Now began the weekly calls for months in regards to people that I never spoken to twice. I finally had someone tell me I was in the process for a company loan modification, but it would now take 60 days; the end of September, 2010 (9 months if you're keeping track). I finally had to contact a loan modification company to help me. That is $3300 out of my pocket. I pay my September mortgage on time, but technically I'm still two months behind.

October 1st. CitiMortgage collections calls like clock work, we're becoming friends now. But as for customer service, that's a different story. Citimortgage left a message for me to call, "Mr. [censored], please call me (no name left) back at 866-###-####. Thank you." I called and no had any idea who called me or why. A few days later, the service I paid for calls me and says a woman named Shirley (CitiMortgage will never let me talk to her) says she needs my 2009 taxes, which they have! So after 2 hours of trying to reach Shirley and getting denied, I'm finally told they want every piece of tax return I can send. I faxed 82 pages of Turbo Tax crap. It took 3 days to verify someone received it. I was eventually told it was received, but now Cory was my counselor. they even gave me his direct number. Well Cory doesn't have voicemail. The number given just rings and rings... It occasionally had a busy signal, but still nothing.

This time I get a new manager at customer service who even gives me her employee ID number. She tells me that I have a different counselor. She says she is sympathetic to my problem and doesn't understand what the hold up is. Several e-mails were sent to Cory and my new counselor and doesn't understand why no one has called me back. This manager promised she would call me back within a few hours to see if she got anywhere. Three days later I'm still waiting, but my friend the collections agent called and promised to help me if I could at least pay my late fee of $1700, even though technically I have never been late and this isn't my fault, though CitiMortgage doesn't see it that way.

I don't know where else to turn or where to go. Why do these companies assume I just have $11K just laying around when they lied and put me in this position in the first place. I have never felt so lost and such a loser. I have thought several times of pulling the trigger and ending it all. Maybe my wife could use the life insurance money to pay for the house, but then I stopped myself. Not because the fear of death, the fear that my term-life insurance is with Primerica, a company by Citi, which owns CitiMortage, which means my wife and kids wouldn't get a dime. Oh, and I'm now heading into month 11 with no end of this torture in site. I'm a police officer that has experienced and seen the worse that life can throw at your, but I always put the people I deal with in the public first. CitiMortgage just treats me like a dog.

15th of Oct, 2010

Dear Dustoff1968,
    I totally understand what your going through, they are doing the same thing to me. I believe that Citi trains their employees on stall tactics. They are always nice, courteous and understanding. They also always say that THEY can help. To find out later that there was no record of your call.
    I am trying right now to see what are the legal options for me, but what happened to the company that you paid to take care of this. Did they not do what they had promised? What you need to do now is to stay strong and believe that what they are doing is wrong, and with some research we (customers) can prove it. Maybe we should even think about a class action against them. There are laws they are breaking, we just need to educate ourselves on them. If you give up, THEY WIN, and your family loses. You will prevail!!
    Northern CA customer