CitiMortgage / inaccurate information given regarding insurance check reimbursement
We received an insurance check for water damage to our home. The check was made out to us, and to citimortgage. I called to find out the protocol for handling the check. I was told to endorse the check, send it along with a letter stating that it was for water damage, and what I wanted done with the check. I chose to have the check applied to our payment. I also sent a personal check to go with the insurance check. Two nights ago I was called stating they were sending the checks back to me.
I spent the next several hours talking to 10 different people, receiving a variety of stories from them, including, we have sent your personal check to the mortgage payment department, we are not endorsing the insurance check, and sending it back to you, we are sending both checks back to you, you need to have other documents to go along with the insurance check. Not one person listened to what I had to say. They continued to repeat the same stuff, totally disregarding the fact that I was not given all the information their computer said I was given. That is why I called in the first place, was to get the proper information to send along with the check. Now our mortgage payment is late, and the checks are in the mail to me. All they had to do was to forward the checks to the mortgage department. They created all sorts of drama attempting to seem like they were doing something. Not one person took this issue and handled it. If I could get my loan away from citimortgage I would. We recently refinanced our home, and our note was sold to them. No personal relationship, which we do have with our local banker. It is a sad state of affairs when companies like citimortgage waste my time, not to mention the time of the company, in handling simple transactions. We repaired the damage with our own money, because if we had waited for the insurance check our entire home would be covered in mold. The lack of caring customer service is appauling to me.
More CitiMortgage Complaints & Reviews
- CitiMortgage - loss draft dept 
- Citimortgage, Inc. - not following home affordable modification program guidelines 
- CitiMortgage - here is email for ceo of citimortgage 
- Citi Mortgage - refinance hassle 
- CitiMortgage - bi weekly and loan modification issues 
- CitiMortgage - mortgage loan insurance resolution department not respond to endorse check
- CitiMortgage - cenlar mortgage service
- CitiMortgage - payment of ground rent for property in baltimore, md
- CitiMortgage - pmi
- CitiMortgage - modification of current loan - property 1122 waterford. allen, tx 75013