CitiMortgage / awful company

I am also extremely upset with Citimortgage and would like a class action suite filed. I had the workable solution paperwork filled out for help on a short sale for my home. I had a buyer since April 2008. They would never return phone calls from my lawyer. My lawyer contacted their lawyer and their lawyers couldn't even get a response back from them. My loan was in the HUD department. I could only get to someone in regular loans. I kept getting the run around and different phone numbers to call. My house ended up foreclosing in August of 2008. I found this out about when I called the mortgage company trying to get to the correct department for request on answer of our short sale offer (I didn't believe my lawyer when he said that he couldn't get through to them so I started calling myself). I was then told that my file didn't exist and that it looked like it had been foreclosed on. They couldn't give me any more info because that department didn't handle HUD loans. Their lawyers attempted to contact them via email and by phone several times. They wouldn't even respond to their own lawyers who were encouraging them to except the short sale offer. They wouldn't give them power of attorney to except any offers either. I don't understand how they can get away with all of this. I thought I was doing the right thing by trying to sell my home. Our buyers even had more than half in cash. It just doesn't make sense.

Va

Comments

• Gl
      21st of Nov, 2008

the same thing is happening to me.. my phone #281-545-1942

• Fe
      11th of Dec, 2008

I agree with you, I made a repayment agreement with CITI back in 11/07, and up to this date have made my payments on time. In the last two months I have been receiving threaten letters and phone calls saying that I’m two month behind on my payments when I have fax them 25 pages showing every payment from 11/07 to 11/08 which clearly show’s that I’m on schedule with these payments, now they keep saying that they never receive the fax. They are crooks and need to be stop. If some one decide to go for the class action please keep me in mind.

9th of Jan, 2009

We have the same thing going on here. Lies, collection calls before 8: AM until just before 9: PM, hateful collections people that make threats and call you horrible names, no response to requests for workable solutions even after being assigned a councelor. After promises that nothing bad would be reported to credit bureau we are totally ruined. We couldn't get credit to buy a coke. Citimortgage bought our mortgage from ABN AMRO and we have had nothing but grief since day one. The company should be done away with and everyone investigated. I guess the next step is for Citimortgage to come in and throw us out. Class action sounds great but the thieving attorneys would get everything and we would get maybe &25.00 if we were lucky.

• Tp
      10th of Feb, 2009

I ALMOST IN THE SAME SITUATION IN 2008 I MISSED A PAYMENT, BUT I CONTINUED TO MAKE MONTHLY PAYMENTS TO CITIMORTGAGE, AND THEN IN ANOTHER MONTH, WENT THOUGH VERY HARD TIMES I THOUGHT AND SENT IN PARTIAL PAYMENT. BUT CONTINUED TO SEND IN PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH, SO AS I UNDERSTAND THIS I WAS ONLY 1 1/2 MONTHS
    THINGS STARTED TO LOOK BETTER FOR MY FINANICAL SITUATION, SO IN SEPT. 2008 I STARTED TO SEND IN ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS IN DEC. 2008 CITMORTGAGE SENT ME A LETTER AND STATED I WAS IN DEFAULT FOR 4 MONTHS. AND THEY WERE GOING TO FORCLOSURE ON MY HOME. AFTER CALLING THEM FOR SEVERAL WEEKS, SPEAKING TO ANYONE WHO WOULD LISTEN HOW COULD YOU GO FROM 1 1/2 MONTHS TO FOUR MONTHS, WELL I FOUND OUT THEY STOP APPLY MY MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT AND PUT INTO UNAPPLIED FUNDS SO THE MONEY WAS JUST SITTING THERE. IT GETS BETTER. THEY STARTED THE FORCLOSURE PROCEDURE AND AFTER SHOWING THEM MONEY WAS TAKEN OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. I WAS DIRECTED TO CONTACT SOMEONE IN THE COLLECTION DEPT. WHO TOLD ME TO PAY APPROX. $7K OR TO SELL MY HOME.

WELL THE MONEY IN THE UNAPPLIED FUNDS THEY DECIDED TO TAKE PART OF MY MONEY AND PAY THEIR ATTORNEYS WITH MY MONEY AND DID NOT SAY ANYTHING TO ME, THEN APPLY THE REST OF MY MONEY TO MY LOAN WHICH COMES OUT TO 2 MONTHS. BUT THEY SAY I STILL OWE THE FOR 2 MORE MONTHS WHERE DID ALL MY MONEY GO THE NUMBERS JUST DON'T ADD UP.
    BUT THE CONTINUE TO LOOK AT THEIR SCREEN AND READ, NO ONE WILL REALLY LISTEN TO YOU, BUT THEY WILL SURELY MAKE THREATEN PHONE CALLS TO YOU HOME FROM 7:45 IN AM TO 8:45 AT NIGHT. I HAVE TRIED TO ASK FOR LOAN MODIFCATION THEY SAY THEY DON'T HAVE THAT PROGRAM, THEY SEND YOU FORMS YOU FILL THEM OUT AND THEY LOSE THEM AS FAST AS YOU FAX THEM BACK. I HAD CALLED AND ASKED FOR AN UPDATE I WAS TOLD, I WAS DENIED, SO I CALLED RIGHT BACK AND SPOKE WITH SOMEONE WHO INFORMED ME THAT I WAS STILL PENDING. NO ONE NO WHAT GOING ON IN THAT COMPANY

I UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY CUSTOMERS ARE IN DEFAULT OR FORECLOSURE OF THEIR HOMES WHY DID THE GOVERNMENT BAIL THEM OUT FOR ALL THERE TOP EXEC. TO GO ON VACATION WITH THE BAILOUT MONEY THIS WAS PUT ON THE NEWS AND THE GOVERNMENT CONTINOUS TO STAND BEHIND THEM. WHAT THE GOVERNMENT REALLY NEED TO DO IS LOOK IN TO THEIR ACCOUNTING DEPT TO SEE HOW THEY ENDED UP IN THEIR SITUTION IN THE FIRST PLACE. A CLASS ACTION SOUNDS GREAT TO BAD NO ONE IN THE GOVERNMENT COULD READ THESE COMPLAINTS AND POST THEM ON CNN NEWS FOR THE WORLD TO SEE HOW THEY ARE REALLY TREATING CUSTOMERS.

28th of Feb, 2009

I have Citimortgage, but I pay my own property taxes and I have my own insurance company that I have been dealing with for years. I have never had an escrow account.

I have never had issues with my flood insurance until they decided in July 2008 to send me an insurance policy for excess flood insurance. I contacted my insurance company right away. I have a 30, 000 dollar mortgage, Citimortgage said that I did not have adequate flood insurance, they wanted me to raise my flood insurance 170, 000 more. I am now up to a total of 220, 000 in coverage.

Citimortgage created an escrow acct, which I am still trying to resolve since last year. They keep sending me letters threatening foreclosure if I do not pay on my escrow. This is all due to flood insurance and that the reps there cannot resolve any issues. I am re-routed to India, then they transfer me to someone else. My husband, my insurance company and myself have been on the phone with them constantly telling them that I have adequate insurance. We have faxed them policies, spoken to reps, they keep telling us that it has been corrected and the policy canceled, I will be receiving a confirmation letter. Guess what, I never receive it.

My most recent call was today and the rep says it will be resolved, my insurance company needs to re-fax the policy (the 10th time or more, I lost count). This has not been resolved, I will still be waiting.

This has caused such aggravation in my household that my children are beginning to feel it. They have started to hit our credit, they are charging late payments (which are not late), and we can't forget they are also charging to send an inspector to the home to see if it is vacant. There has to be something that we can do to stop this harassment. It is not fair, everyone is feeling this not just the banks. Hopefully someone can read our letters and resolve these issues before they get worse and more families become homeless.. Thanks for reading.

• Ag
      2nd of Mar, 2009

We can help. If you are ready to fight and save your home from these crooks..you have come to the right place. Contact me now...mw81307@gmail.com and I will give you the details.

• Sp
      21st of Oct, 2009

Ok so does anyone know of a lawyer who is willing to take on a suit against citimortgage?
    They are liars... to say the least...

• Bi
      5th of Dec, 2009

Citimortgage is not only liars but has ruined my credit and taken away my home which was my retirement investment. I had an ARM which was 5 years and had to refinance the loan. I had a great job, great credit rating and NEVER missed or late on any mortgage payments. When I called Citi to refinance they ran my credit and approved me in less then 5 minutes. The cost would be $250 for an appraisal. I paid over the phone and the appraiser was to call me for an appointment. After 2 weeks, I called Citi and asked when the appraiser was to call me and they said I was denied because the appraisal came in lower then I owed on the home. WHAT? I never got an appraisal. I called CITI 5 times over the next several months to sent my appraisal report and every time they agreed to send it but never did. A few weeks later I get a call from Citi and they ask me if I would like to refinance and would cost only $250 for an appraisal. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I told this story to the CITI employee who put me on hold and came back a minute later saying that my house was appraised but was less than I owe and there wasn't anything they can do for me. I ask for the apprasal be sent to me and he promised and said I should get it within a week. IT NEVER CAME. A month later CITI called to harrass me on my mortgage payments and I told the story again saying I belive CITI took my money with no intentions of giving me a loan. Citi but me on hold and when they returned told me I never had an appraisal on this home nor did they have any record of it. I decided to retired and lose my home to this corupt company which was bailed out by the Goverment. I get harassed at dinner time, late nights and even Sunday mornings asking me when I will repay the money. There is so much more to say but I think you get the picture. This is not a joke.

i

• Da
      31st of Aug, 2010

Class Action Suit in Process Against CitiMortgage:
    Go to www.milberg.com Select "New Cases" to enter your contact information. The crimes this Big Monster is commiting is a Federal crime. Home owners can file a complaint to sue Citimortgage on the local level without legal represention and enter a class action suit at the same time.
    E mail you story to the staff members provided on the site listed above. Fight Back, do not move out of your home. Citimortgage is going to pay!