Citifinancial Mortgage / Never trust their words

Citifinancial (Westgate Plaza, Westfield, MA) is a lender who used deceptive practices with me on my mortgage. They sneakily switched my mortgage rate from fixed to adjustable!, and did away with my 'Agreed Rate Reduction Rider'.

I took out a mortgage with Citi financial in April, 2004. It was for a FIXED INTEREST RATE, also there was to be a Rate REDUCTION after two years of good payments.

In October, 2004, I asked to increase the Mortgage AMOUNT by five thousand dollars, KEEPING the SAME TERMS.

Shelly, from Citifinancial said she would do that, and that eveything would REMAIN The SAME! Well, She switched my rate from FIXED to Adjustable, and got rid of the rate reduction all together. I did not notice the changes as I signed for the new amount (I fooolishly took her word). Now, two years later, Instead of my interest rate going down as origionally promised, it will go way up costing me thousands of extra dollars over the 30 year loan. I think this is deceiptful business practice.

Jo

Comments

18th of Nov, 2007

I am currently experiencing problems with this lender. The are worst than the loan sharks, dont care about their customers. Congress needs to do something about them.

• Ta
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I am also currently having problems with them...they call my work and harass me, threaten to forclose on my home, lie to me and would not honor a letter sent to reinstate my husbands unemployment insurance if we contacted them within 30 days, probably because they knew we were trying to get unemployment benefits. They are crooked and sneaky and yes, worse then loan sharks, I hate doing business with them and will never trust anything that comes out of there mouths. I need help right now if anyone has any advice, I don't know how to deal with these people.

• Ms
      27th of Jan, 2011

This company is the worst possible bank I ever dealt with. They have approved me for a loan modification, but because I was able to get current, although it means everything else got skipped and is 60+ past due, and not they will not honor the modification that would have saved me $300+ a month without refinancing. After spending 2 hours on the phone and being hung up on 11 times, the most we got was that we have to be 31+ days past due to be eligible. The best they can do is a loan repayment program that will raise the rate to 6.0% for the life of the loan.

• Wi
      20th of Jul, 2015

CitiFinancial Mortgage is the worst company to deal with. Everyone from thier least paid clerk to thier attorney. Here is my advice to anyone experiencing problems with CitiFinancial Mortgage.
    1. Send all payment 2-3 days just in time for them to receive the payment. Keep receipt from the Post office.
    2. Look at your bank statement and print the check you sent them front and back noting the day they gave you credit for the payment.
    print a copy of the check and attach the receipt from PO and file away for future use.
    3. Get an attorney. Have him check your account for accuracy and history.
    4. When making additional principal always include and additional check for that amount. Next to memo on the check write:ADDITIONAL PRINCIPLE ONLY. WATCH YOUR CREDITS.
    5. After two payments ask your attorney to follow up with them and obtain payment information to see if payments were properly applied.
    The only way to beat CitiFinancial is with a good attorney and good documentation.
    p.s. If you really want to make sure of the date they get your payment. You can have them sign for you payment.
    Good Luck and Have Fun.

• To
      29th of Aug, 2018
    CitiFinancial Servicing - LIEN Release
    244 judson st

Sir/Madam,
    I need a lien release letter from you guys

my car info.

2002 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY LXI VIN # 2C4GP54L82R577928

MY addrees is 244 judson st Bensenville IL 60106

my tel is 847 323-2583 please call my for any cuestion..
    I need to get a replase tittle and I need the lettler..

• Pa
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Citifinacial - citifinancial auto
    NEENAH
    Wisconsin

never had an acct with citi financial but they have a lien on my title that was paid off
    loan was with santanderusa not citi
    now cant trade car in untill they give me a lien release but giving me a run around