Citifinancial Auto Loan / Treated like deadbeats!
We purchased a car in 2001 with financing from a local lender. During the course of the loan, the loan was purchased by Citifinancial Auto.
The final payment was due in August 2006. Our normal monthly payment was approx. $350. In August we were informed the final payment would be approx. $1300. After numerous phone calls, countless explanations, and an infinity spent on hold we were informed that the original lender had attached two months worth of insurance and the interest on that had inflated the loan amount. It took three months for our insurance company to prove to Citifinancial that we had insurance for the entire length of the loan. We reached an agreement that the final payment would be $420. However, before we could pay the $420, Citifinancial repossessed the car because the original $1300 error was now more than 100 days past due. One part of the company does not talk to the other part of the company. Each time we called we were shuffled from one person to the next and had to explain our case to each person. We were constantly on hold. In the end they insisted that it was our fault because we should have overpaid by $900 and waited for them to correct the error and refund the money. That may have been what the contract called for, but was that good customer service? We have paid the $420 and they still have our car. I will admit that we did drag our feet and waited 20 days to make the final payment (they wouldn't accept it over the phone) after it took them 3 months to determine the correct amount, but did that warrant the forfeiture of our $10000 truck for $425? And, why is it that we have wired them the money and not received the vehicle back? Why were we constantly put on hold and passed from person to person when we tried to resolve the issue? After 5 years of on time payments we were treated like deadbeats because we were 20 days late paying the $425.
More Citifinancial Auto Loan Complaints & Reviews
- Citifinancial Auto - Citifinancial auto breaks the law with reposessions 
- Citifinancial - They do not have an area to check your account balance. 
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Citifinancial jeopardizing my reputation 
- Citifinancial - Online & pay by phone method 
- Citifinancial - Trying to pay my auto payment 
- Citifinancial - cancellation of credit life without authorization and then when death certificate sent as requested selling the mortgage to bayview.
- CitiFinancial Servicing - trying to find a loan
- CitiFinancial Servicing - release of ohio auto title 
- CitiFinancial Servicing - noc not received
- CitiFinancial Servicing - mortgage release