Citi Trends / service

Lexington Kentucky, US Review updated:

My son and I went to citi trends in Lexington, Ky. This was my first time ever shopping in this store. I am a 50 year old white woman and my son is 15- black/white/Hispanic. He has chosen several items to try on in the dressing room. We approached a room where we could tell that no one was inside. I told my son to wait a moment that I would go and ask a clerk to open it up for us. I went to the checkout area and waited until one of the workers made eye contact and I politely asked if someone would help us by unlocking a fitting room. A young clerk told me she would do it so I said thank you and I went back with my son to wait. Time passed and it was evident that she had apparently forgotten or got busy . At the time when I asked her she was not on a register but putting items up. When I approached a second time I politely waited and asked again if they wouldn't mind opening a room and the clerk who originally answered me without looking at me in front of everyone that there wasn't a room available. I said yes there is and then I said what is the problem here. One of the other employees quickly said I will do it and followed me back to where my son was waiting and I said to her how rude the other employee was and she apologized for the girl's behavior. I told the clerk that she didn't need to apologize because she didn't do anything wrong . In all of my years of shopping and encountering different people I was never so upset band dehumanized as I was at that moment. If it wasn't for the fact that my son loved the clothing I would have not bought one thing there . Needless to say I spent about $100 and that same rude clerk even Checked me out. She wouldn't look at me and when I handed my hand out for my receipt she shoved it in the bag. I even thanked her and she wouldn't respond. I live inStamping Ground Ky and I am going to drive all the way back up there tomorrow to personally complain to their management because I literally felt it was a discrimination deal. It was very obvious that this clerk did not care for white people at all. I have taught for 27 years in Georgetown, Ky near Lexington. I am very upset and my son wanted to say something to her so bad because he could tell it was a racist thing she had going on. It is so disappointing to witness people treat customers in such a negative and nasty way. I really hope that this is addressed, I will be finding out her name on Sunday so that she never treats someone like that again.

Lo
Nov 25, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 25, 2017

You have no proof or evidence that racism occurred here. She may have been having a bad day or just not be suited for customer service. While you are more than welcome to return to the store to report your experience, I'm sure a phone call would be just as effective in this situation (which would save you time and transportation costs).