Cincinnati Bell Fioptics / selling a service and not providing it

I was told that if I switch from Insightbb.com to Zoomtown.com I was going to save a lot of money and I would have a better service. I was told that the technician who came to install the fioptics would switch my e-mails, addresses and even send a message to all my contatcs advising them of my new e-mail. Well the technician came and install the internet and the t.v. but he knew nothing about the e-mail, he said that was not part of his job to call technical support, which happens to be in the Philippines. I have spent over 2 weeks trying to make the so-called "true-switch"; have talked to numerous technical support agents and have spent hours with them and the switch was not done. Now I get a call from them telling me that the true-switch can not be made because my old provider is not compatible with Zoomtown!!! How can Cincinnati Bell go around selling a service they won't provide!!! They new I was with Insight before. I was told to just forward my emails to my new one!!! This is not acceptable and it is lack of integrity.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Sl
      20th of Oct, 2012

I have spent the last hour reading reviews and complaints about fiops.I gota laugh thinking of switching from time warner.
    Cincinnati Bell touts this new system as being just short of heaven sent NOT.Guess i'll keep gettin screwed by TW untill someone really comes up with a viable option

• Fr
      21st of Nov, 2013

They sold this to my 75 year old mother. They told her she could switch back at no charge to regular service if she did not like it. Needless to say, the service was subpar. She cancelled and was told she was stuck with the fioptics phone, which does not work when the electric goes out unless you have a battery backup. We were not told this until a few weeks after the install. They would happily install it for a large fee of course. This is ridiculous. She is disabled and they are taking advantage of her.

14th of Jan, 2014

I bought a house back in April 2012. I had DirecTV for many years and and used Cincinnati Bell basic phone service and their broadband service, which. during my move I called Cincinnati Bell to transfer my phone and internet. They then offered to bundle my Phone, Internet and TV service and save me a great deal, also telling me if I switch they will pay up to $100 of any fees I on my bill from my DirecTV. Well I have been using the service for a year and half now and ever since I switched I have had lots of issues with poor internet service. the TV service is constantly rebooting and downloading. I constantly have to reboot the reciever/DVR after watching a recorded show. I have called them several times since i had the service. My so call bundle package is now costing me over $60 dollars more than it was before I bundle. I have never received the $100 rebate and when I called them abut it I got so many transfers to I gave up. Now I am left trying to find another service that will give me what I want and save me in bills as promise by cincinnati bell.

• Se
      27th of Feb, 2012

I was making the switch to Fioptics on Sat. Feb. 26th, the technician came out at noon to do the install, So started my problems. He was at the pole on the road for an hour, then came in the house to install the internet, cable and phone. after spending four hours in my house on sat eve. he said he was done, no information on how things worked, IE, remote control, Email, and channel setup. He was actually on his way out the door, and my wife said our phone was not working. He came back in, brought his tools back out, tested the phone line, said "Uh, it was working an hour ago" I said well it's not now! after another HOUR, he said I need to go down the street and check the main distribution box. He came back 15 min. later, said they would have a different crew repair it Monday morning. Well, this monday morning has come and gone, they say now it will be tommorrow. And my TV, the package I signed up for, $110mo. Well, I'm missing 11 channels I am supposed to have, after calling INDIA, they had me on the phone for 35min. just figuring out who, and where I was!!! This is final !!! I'm sticking with INSIGHT!!! Anyone reading this, DO NOT GO TO CINCINNATI BELL. IT IS A RIP-OFF BIG TIME...

• Sc
      17th of May, 2014

I switched from Time Warner to Cincinnati Bell this month. The internet was too slow, so I called back as the technician advised to repartition to 20 mb internet and 30 mb t.v. The technician told me this could be done from the central office and there was no need for anyone to come out. However, even after speaking with a supervisor, they told me someone would have to come out and check my wiring. I scheduled an appt for 8-12 today. They never showed. So after wasting one of my two weekend days, I called them to find out why they never showed, and they said they took care of it from the central office at 10:30 am today. No need for someone to come out. Exactly opposite what the supervisor on the phone told me this week. They wasted my time for nothing. No apologies. Just a bunch of excuses. Wow, the lady just told me they would credit $22 a month of internet service to my account. Thanks. T.V. in my room isn't working, says to contact service provider. I'm overwhelmed at this point by the good service from Cincinnati Bell. Almost as bad as Time Warner charging me for a wireless router I never had.

• Ry
      22nd of Feb, 2015

DVR service is unusable. After multiple complaints to Cincinnati Bell says that the issue of playback skipping and freezing is a known issueand engineers have been working 4 months with no resolution in site...

• Bu
      12th of Nov, 2012

Cin Bell Fioptics has been nothing but problems. We have had it for about 6 months. It has been a nightmare, not only with customer/repair services but with the service itself. We have to reboot the signal atleast 3 times a day. It is so regular that I have trained my 6 year old how to do it. We are going back to Time Warner because I am tired of dealing with unplugging, rebooting, disconnecting, reconnecting just for my family to watch TV. We originally did the switch to save money but I would rather pay a little more and not have issues like we have had. I would never recommend the Fioptics product to anyone.

• Kc
      23rd of Apr, 2012

Terrible experience. The tech, who mentioned he had only been on the job for 2 weeks came to our home on April 14th to install the service at 9am. After messing around until nearly 5pm with no results he finally called for help after telling us that our phone line connection from the box to the house was bad and he would have to have someone else come dig it up and replace it. Two other techs arrived and proceeded to finally get the service operational after fixing the mistakes the original tech made...had nothing to do with the phone cable from the street box to our home. It was raining outside and during the time they were in and out of our home they did not bother to wipe their feet and tracked mud all through the living room carpet...I let it go and was just glad to have them out of our home since it had taken the entire day to get the service operational. They had to exchange one cable box due to the optical audio sound did not work. Also, I did notice that the tech installing our cable box to the TV ran through the setup really quickly and I caught that it was set to 720 instead of 1080. I asked him about this and he said to "not worry about it". Now wait a minute, we paid for 1080 signal and that was one of the selling points of this service. I got online and found the codes to get into the box setup and fixed it myself. Now...the next day all is well until mid afternoon when the TV starts freezing and skipping. Called support, which by the way is outsourced to some foreign country, and was told to reset the box which I had already done multiple times to no avail. They said they'd send a tech out...the guy came and tested everything and said he could find no problem. Came in and did a factory reset on the cable box and again, it defaults to 720. I left it alone this time. An hour later the same problem, freezing/skipping TV signal. We called once again, had a tech out the next day, could not find anything wrong. Keep in mind that we are using a brand new HDMI cable from the box to our HD TV which had no problems with our previous provider. Finally we got fed up and decided to terminate the service and return to our previous carrier. We could not get anyone to come get the equipment so we had to take our own time to drive it to the Cincinnati bell store to return it. Now they are attempting to charge us $15 for the 3 days we had the service that never did work...ridiculous...one of the worst experiences we have encountered in quite some time from any company.

• Ka
      11th of Jun, 2012

They took away Soap Net Channel so bummed It was the first thing I asked when getting the Fioptics it was great till you took it away now I have to figure out what to watch they can take away The Cooking channel since they have The Food Network why have two of those channels just saying

• Ci
      19th of Dec, 2011

Hi Boltices,
    My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and we're happy to help switch your email addresses. Please email your account # to cincinnati.[protected]@fuse.net

Thanks,

Katie
    Cincinnati Bell

• Ro
      8th of Apr, 2013

After receiving several sales calls from Bell promoting the "great price and services of Fioptics", I finally agreed to have it installed. I've had it for 3 days. My laptop won't connect to the internet at all. When I committed the apparently heinous act of unplugging the tv, it took over an hour to get it back up and running. Last night the wireless signal was gone completely and it took 12 hours to get it back. I've tried to call customer support twice. The first time I was on hold for 45 minutes before I gave up and the second time I gave up after 20.

• Be
      21st of Dec, 2012

Im glad to have read some of the reviews here as I have been unable to get fioptics installed in my home after taking of work on 2 different days now. The first install appointment I was told I would have to do some of the wiring myself since my patio covered most of the rear of house and service is underground. I did the work and rescheduled. Today I took off work and waited for installer. I was told they would call before arriving and should be out around 8 AM. After making 2 calls to them and given excuses both times I called a third time and was told they would need to reschedule. 2 lost days of work so far would I want to schedule another. If that there idea of service maybe the bumped service install date was for the best.

• Sc
      24th of Nov, 2014

Well, I'm browsing to see if others are having issues with gaming over Cinci Bell fioptics. Wow, some of you make us appear lucky. We switched from Time Warner in late April this year. The internet performance was never as promised. The prices are higher than quoted and not any different from Time Warner. We also repartitioned drive which they said could be done from central then said someone had to come out so we waited and they didn't show then called and were told they did it from Central. T.V.'s work most of the time. Just got off phone with their tech support in the Philippines. To sum it up, they promise 20mb speed, however xfer speed is totally different and they make no promises there. Son downloaded a game yesterday that took 14 hrs at a grand rate of 0.79mb/sec. Can't play xbox with friend who has Verizon because our internet is too slow. They say fioptics, but really fioptics was not run to the house and in asking they can't give any estimated time for when they will put a box on the house and run it from street to house. After reading comments here, I'm not sure it is at the street either. Could be a quarter mile away for all I know:) I feel I was sold a bill of goods and that they advertised falsely. In hearing their support folks talk though, they deliver 20mb and do the speed test to prove it. What is needed I'm learning is xfer speed for which they make no promises and with good reason since it can be really really low. They have misleading advertising at the very least. We are on the hunt for another provider that actually does provide the speed needed to not freeze or lag during games.

• Jr
      19th of Nov, 2012

Had fioptics TV and Internet (FTTN) installed in May 2012. Had problems like everyone else from day one. Signal loss, screen freezes, audio not synced, and pixelated screen. Ran speed tests during outages and bandwidth dropped off to 2-4 mbps. I don't even want to talk about the poor customer service. Eventually had two techs come out to resolve issues which I already knew was a Fiotics network issue. Both times Fioptics tech could find nothing wrong in the house or at the curb. I knew CB Fioptics was wasting my time. I guess I thought they might figure it out that they had a network issue and resolve it. I was wrong in my assumption. I gave up and dropped the Fioptics TV and kept the 10mbps Internet. It's bad enough to pay for hundreds of channels I do't even watch. TWC and CB Fioptics made it easy for me to cut the cable cord. Over pricing, poor service, and no ala carte. I watch over the air HDTV, Netflix, and Walmart VUDU.

• St
      30th of Oct, 2012

If it were not for the price, I would not have switched. It is very frustrating. Our tv also skips and it takes or ever to "load". When we had ours installed we experienced the same frustration. No help. Lost all our email addresses. The latest issue was our security system. It "blew up". We had Dial One security and were told by the 'tech" who came out that the system was not compatibl with our home phone via Cincinnati Bell Fioptics. Not sure if that is correct but nothing else had changed. Anyone else have that problem?

• Wh
      7th of Aug, 2013

We switched to Cinti Bell Fioptics a year ago because we were told that we could get a better rate than with Time Warner. Well, we got a better rate for about a year and then it went up higher than it was with TW. We often have trouble getting on certain things on the internet. Regarding e-mail, I used to be able to get into my zoomtown email and just check the box in front of each mail that I wanted to delete and I could delete all of them at once. Now the boxes to check are not there anymore so I have over 1100 e-mails that I have to delete by clicking on the one to delete, hitting delete and waiting for them to deleter ONE AT A TIME. Do you know how long this takes? FOREVER!! Please help or I will have to go to another provider.

• Bl
      29th of Jul, 2012

I have had a hard time getting used to the guide but other than that, we got everything we were promised. After a couple of months we started having problems. The repair person came out and had to redo everything, he even had to get someone from another department out to put in a new connection from the pole. This took hours but once they were all finished, the service worked great (again) and we have not had any more trouble.

• Ga
      26th of Sep, 2012

We have also had problems with Fioptics TV service. The TV skips and freezes all day long plus the voice is never with the lips. I've spoken to the customer service person about the voice problem. The had me unhook the Wifi box and then plug it in again...this worked for that time but it just happens again later. I have not called about the skipping and freezing.

• Mo
      7th of Aug, 2012

I have problems from day 1. The tv freezes and skip.The available times for service are while I work. The communication between departments is zero and if they note accounts no one reads the notes. I know I have spent at least ten hours of my life on hold. For example this evening my phone reads 1 hour and 2 mins. The services that were purchased are still not operating eg. viewing recorded programs in every room. Tonight 2 of the tvs do not work. I am on hold with the phone number provided on the non working tv. There have been four tecs to my home since June 22 and when I call in the recording recognizes that I have made multiple phone calls..I must admit tat last week A tec was scheduled to come to my home at 6:30...too bad he called while I was working and didn't let me know the appointment had been canceled. I called and got through and was assured the next evening a tec would be here. I had a message that he would be here around 3:30. Too bad I wasn't home from work yet. I thought this was a communication company. No one has called...Customer service is not a high point in the company... The product Fioptics needs a lot of work. My advice is stay with whatever company you have and far away from Fioptics. If yo want to hear the same BS over and over just call customer service. Apparently they are all told to say the same things and can't think outside the box. I have asked if they note the accounts... the next problem is that if the accounts are noted no one reads the notes. I have spoke to reps, tecs, supervisors and more. My tv still does not work and no one is listening! I got a bill for my first mo service and that was suppose to be free, I was told to contact the sales person.UGH...If you are reading this understand I just can't explain ALL the mishaps that have occurred. I have not had 1 week of good service.

• Jm
      24th of Aug, 2012

I have had 5 techs trying to correct my start-up with fiops. Installed 7/23 ..5th tech yesterday 8/23 (Supv.).TV still freezes .