Choice Home Warranty / company will not honor contract

Choice Home Warranty
244 Madison Ave
New York
Phone: 888-531-5403
In October I purchased a home warranty to cover my heating system over the phone. The company charged my credit card immediately and I received a contract in the mail but it had no contrat number on it. The guy on the phone stated that the contract would start 30 days later. The expiration date was listed as 11/27/2009.
Last Saturday both of my circulators on my boiler stopped working. It was 4 degrees out and I had no heat. I made several phone calls and sent emails via their website and through my own email. No one called me all weekend. Finally on Tuesday a repair person called me. He was dispached earlier that day. He came out on Friday morning and looked at my system and filed a report for repairs. He just called me on Monday night to tell me the company will not cover any repairs. WTF. Luckily I poked and prodded until I got the pump working again or I would have had no heat all week. I am disgusted with this company. The people on the phone were rude and didn't understand that I had no heat all weekend. I want my money back or I want them to fix my heat. I will never use this company again. Please beware. They will promise you anything and not deliver. BEWARE!

A  4th of Feb, 2009 by
I am running into the same problem with these people. Incredibly evasive and argue about anything that they represented originally. I just called with a problem with heating system noise and they told me to call someone else to ck it out, that they don't do service calls unless the system is totally broken. So the $45 service fee bit is false to begin with since they don't do service. So now I'm in the process of calling my own hvac person to ck it out so that I can "submit" a diagnosis of the problem to see if it is something actually broken that they will cover. This is not what was represented when I purchased the contracts (2 of them). These people argue and treat you like you shouldn't have called them and tell you that they are not a maintenance company, and that if you need service you need to call someone else. Now I will get someone on my own to ck the system out, and see where it goes from here, but right now it isn't looking very promising. It's looking like they are set up to get your money on the contract and then do everything they can to get out of ever doing anything that they promised originally.
A  10th of Mar, 2009 by
I have created a user group Choice Home Warranty Claims, please come and join if you have experienced difficulties with this company. I am also looking for co-plaintiffs in a lawsuit.
A  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
They ARE A SCAM!!! Not liscensed to do business in the state of Virginia!!! Am writing to Virginia's Bureau of Insurance...Call 1-877-310-6560 or go to web at www.scc.virginia.gov/boi. If EVERYONE COMPLAINS maybe something can be done to SHUT THESE SCAM ARTISTS DOWN!!! Again Call 1-877-310-6560
N  4th of Nov, 2009 by
BS!!! I did service ffor 7 jobs, got the authorizations, submitted the invoices, got told by that digbat Erica Green that a check was sent five times, and here I am still holding my azz waiting for my money. Choice is a scam.

I spoke to you, and all you could say was calm down.

I am calm. Ive gotten over not being paid. Its a writeoff, just like Choice is. Ive told every person Ive meet about my experience with Choice Home Warranty and then showed them what others said about Choice. So far, I lost $400...Choice is out about $6000. More to come.

Blog about your experiences people. I do one blog or report every day. When and if I get my money Ill stop. Until then, I post my storry.

A  16th of Feb, 2010 by
I also did service for this company here in vegas got the authorization, submited the invoices and also got told by Erika Green my check was on the mail since aug 2009 is feb 2010 and guess what? ... i have not get paid !!
I do not know how this company keeps in bussines, two of the local service companies also let me know choice home warranty owes them over 6, 000.00 .
customers be aware if they do not pay us who is going to service you ?

any questions? write me assowipomolina@yahoo.com
A  4th of May, 2010 by
We are an HVAC Contractor in Northern VA, and have had nothing but problem after problem with this company.
I truly believe they are SCAM ARTISTS. I have had our customers call us and literally be in TEARS because this company will not honor ANYTHING, and there is nothing I can do about it. They are rude and deceitful(especially Erica Green), and we already in the hole $1, 000+ and I doubt my company will ever see the money that they owe us. Please be aware and do not accept any business from the people.
A  23rd of Mar, 2011 by
I am having a similar problem with this company. The AC broke and they want me to submit maintence reports for it. They said that it has to be maintained every season according to the guidelines of my particular AC unit. This is completely unture, recommendation is once a year. The tech told them that the problem is due to normal wear and tear which is specifically covered in the contract, but they wont even process the claim until I submit maintaince reports. It does not say in anywhere in the contract that this is required by them. I pointed it out that they were wrong and the customer service guy "Mike" just started yelling at me and saying that he wouldn't help me.
A  23rd of Sep, 2015 by
I am having a similar problem with this company. The company refuse to pay for my refrigerator, a part went out and the repairman could not get the part any more because Maytag no longer make the part so the refrigerator could not be fix. They would not replace the refrigerator responding that they would only pay for the part. I am with out a refrigerator at this point.
N  29th of Jun, 2016 by
I've got a problem with my washer, needs a computer board, and CHW won't repair it but offered me $300.00. I guess to go away. I was with American Home shield for years, since 03, I never had a problem, got a new A/C unit, swimming pool filter equipment, microwave with no questions asked. So a guy calls me up one day in March 2016 and talked me into switching over to CHW, with their low co-pay and yearly contract price, sounded like a good deal. Bad Mistake.

Choice Home Warranty Logo Choice Home Warranty