Choice Home Warranty / company will not honor contract
In October I purchased a home warranty to cover my heating system over the phone. The company charged my credit card immediately and I received a contract in the mail but it had no contrat number on it. The guy on the phone stated that the contract would start 30 days later. The expiration date was listed as 11/27/2009.
Last Saturday both of my circulators on my boiler stopped working. It was 4 degrees out and I had no heat. I made several phone calls and sent emails via their website and through my own email. No one called me all weekend. Finally on Tuesday a repair person called me. He was dispached earlier that day. He came out on Friday morning and looked at my system and filed a report for repairs. He just called me on Monday night to tell me the company will not cover any repairs. WTF. Luckily I poked and prodded until I got the pump working again or I would have had no heat all week. I am disgusted with this company. The people on the phone were rude and didn't understand that I had no heat all weekend. I want my money back or I want them to fix my heat. I will never use this company again. Please beware. They will promise you anything and not deliver. BEWARE!
Tim Hayes's Response, Aug 08, 2018
had 2 claims one on a/c unit another on pool heater both claims denied but were covered by another warranty company. don't waste your money with choice home warranty any big claim will be denied..
More Choice Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Choice Home Warranty - big scam 
- Choice Home Warranty - beware contractors - do not pay bills 
- Choice Home Warranty - vendor non payment 
- Choice Home Warranty - bad business practices 
- Choice Home Warranty - not advised of $50 cancellation fee 
- Choice Home Warranty - unethical behaviour and breech of contract
- Choice Home Warranty - chw is a complete scam! 
- Choice Home Warranty - unethical behavior: untrained "repairmen" ruined my appliance completely
- Choice Home Warranty - non stop phone calls
- Choice Home Warranty - the broke my ac