Children's Place / shipment never arrived

United States Review updated:

I ordered almost $200 dollars worth of clothes from The Children's Place online. have only shopped in their brick and mortar stores. This was my first time shopping with this store online. The clothing was for an excited little boy's return to school. The shipment never arrived. I was forced to shop again elsewhere. In this economy who has that money to spare?

I was assured by their customer service department that the matter would be handled and that I would be given a refund. To date nobody has even contacted me to say a word. I found out recently through my own efforts that the matter had been closed because the UPS driver left the box on the porch. For the record I do not have a porch!

I was quite justifiably upset. A supervisor at the company assured me via phone that the matter would be reopened. I wasted valuable time contacting UPS who claimed they could not get an answer whenever they called the company. They assured me they would look into the matter. To date nobody has contacted me. I think the entire matter is reprehensible. The callous and dismissive way that I have been treated is beyond unprofessional and cold-hearted.

Below, please find the relevant information. I expect the order to be resent or a refund issued.

Thank you.

From: The Children's Place
Sent: Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:43 PM
To: [protected]@MSN.COM
Subject: Your Childrensplace.com Order Has Shipped!

Order Number: [protected]

Shipping to
Brooklyn, 11236

Ju
Oct 1, 2017

Comments

• Wi
      1st of Oct, 2017

Sounds like someone stole the package from your front door. I have used Children's Place several times for my grandbaby clothes and never had an issue. Incidentally, when UPS/FedEx delivers, they check a box for left location. If you have a walk up area to your door, for delivery purposes, that would be 'porch'.

Just call your credit card and dispute the charge. Create an account with UPS and specify that you do not want packages left without you personally taking them. Keep in mind though, if you are not home, the package will not be left and you will have to go to the nearest main hub to pick up. And call the cops to report the possible theft. Someone in your neighborhood has sticky fingers.

15th of Apr, 2019

The exact same thing happened to me today, I got an email saying it was delivered but it wasn't, and they also said mines was left on my front porch when I called UPS. I'm at home that's how I know it wasn't delivered.