The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Child Protective Services / Unlawful Newborn Detention

1 Riverside, CA, United States Review updated:

My two day old newborn baby girl was unlawfully taken from me after making a false report about me testing positive for some kind of a sleeping drug. They would not tell me what the drug was and my baby's urine, blood, and first bowel movement tested negative for any and all kinds of drugs. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what I should do? Please help me.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Te
      25th of Apr, 2011
    0 Votes

    CALL A LAWYER! IMMEDIATELY! Do NOT wait for CPS to call you, do not wait for them to contact you or get "your side" of the story. This isn't like real court, where facts are considered before judgments are made. If they've taken the child, they consider you guilty and will treat you as such. I can't stress this enough: GET A LAWYER. If you're too poor for a lawyer, google for low-income legal assistance in Riverside County. If CPS actually puts in a court petition, you will be appointed a public defender (i.e. a government paid attorney). Most of these lawyers, unfortunately, don't do squat to help the parents. They'll coerce you into pleading "no contest" to "just get it over with". Then CPS will jerk you around for A YEAR OR MORE while your child is in foster care. If you don't have your child back by 15 months, they will terminate your parental rights. I'm not JOKING. Do some googling, this has happened to MILLIONS of families. Whatever you do, take this seriously and DO NOT try to handle this alone. Good luck!

  • Mo
      25th of Apr, 2011
    +1 Votes

    The hospital wouldn't have reported you to CPS as a positive drug screen unless they had the documentation to back it.

Post your comment