Chicago Tribune Newspaper / sunday delivery of the paper

1 7001 S. Kimbark avChicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-773-753-9558

after bfailing to receive delivery of the sundays paper I was informed by Marien customer service rep. that a bredelivery would be made within 1 hour. this at 9am. after where was no
2nd delivery. I called back and no one asnwers the phone offices are closed.
call back 5/20/11 to express my concern about the up coming delivery, was told that it be taken care and that the carrier would ring my door bell at the time of delivery. Ask for the name of the carrier and was told she didn't have that information. mY QUESTION THEN WAS HOW CAN YOU REQUEST A REDELIVERY WHEN YOU DON 'T KNOW WHO THE CARRIER IS., REQUESTED TO SPEAK NWITH A SUPERVISOR AND TOLD THE THING BY
SUPPOSE SUPERVISOR. AND THEY WONDER WHY THEY ARE GOING BROKE. IT ALL STARTS WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO SERVICE NO CUSTOMERS.

Comments

• Jk
      20th of May, 2011

The newspaper sends papers to distributors who send them to delivery areas. There they are given to route carriers for local distribution.

When a news paper is scheduled for re-delivery, the newspaper calls the distributor who calls the carrier. That is why the newspaper does not know the name of your local carrier.

Next time your paper boy or girl delivers for you, ask them for their name and the distributor phone number to call in case your paper is missing again.

This way you will know who they are and at Christmas time you can give them a nice gift.

• Au
      1st of Jun, 2011

Hello, my name is Autumn Smith in the Client Services dept at the Chicago Tribune. JKDE is correct, we contact the distributors when redelivery is requested for a subscriber. Redelivery should have been made to you, and I can look into this issue if you would like to email me at AskCilentServices@Tribune.com.

The Client Services dept at the Tribune is more than welcome to help with any home delivery subscriptions, or store purchases of the paper. Feel free to visit us Facebook at http://on.fb.me/eQT0zN or Twitter at http://twitter.com/chitribcs.

Autumn Smith

• Te
      1st of Nov, 2011

Re: New TV Magazine
    I have been reading the sun-times for many years and i cannot believe that now you want people to pay for a tv magazine for their tv listings. I remember when your paper cost 35 cents then 50 and now 75 cents. It went from being a larger size newspaper to a smaller condensed version costing more.money. Why should the readers of your newspaper have to pay for something that was included and free in the sunday sun-times, this is outrageous!!! I will not subscribe to your tv magazine i do not need the information cable listings, etc let the people that have cable tv and subscribe, so that they don't have to find out what's on tv by checking each channel individually (poor them). Why don't you just keep the tv preview in the sun-times and let people with cable subscribe to a tv magazine for their cable listings. I find a lot of information that i don't need in the new tv magazine the regular (free tv preview enclosed in the sun-times will do just fine) it also has cable listing!!!

• Au
      2nd of Nov, 2011

Good afternoon, Terrp. my name is Autumn Smith in the Client Services dept at the Chicago Tribune. The Chicago Tribune is not charging for the TV Week Magazine.

If you have any additional questions, please email me at AskCilentServices@Tribune.com.