Check Recovery Center / fraud

1 dept 86130 p o box 1259Oaks, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 917-6484

I received a notice from kroger check recovery center...stating that check #1499 had been returned, we paid this check
I was under the immpression that just returned ck fee of $ 25.00...yet I'm being billed for $81.61 and $25.00 total of $106.61

dept 86130
p o box 1259
oaks, pa 19456

Kroger check recovery center
p o box 30650
salt lake city, ut [protected]

accnt#[protected]
they state they are holding 1 check, is that not against the law!!!

numbers inprinted at bottom of letter are [protected]

Ve
Apr 26, 2013

Comments

• Ti
      27th of Jan, 2014

Yeah it's another scam. Don't pay these people anything. They bill you for fake checks that you never wrote.

• Cu
      4th of Sep, 2016

The Kroger Check Recovery Center is located in SLC Utah. I do know this because I work there. The fee is based on what state the check is written. Say Kentucky and Virginia the fee is 50.00 per returned check. But say in other states it can be as low as 20.00. It is not a scam. Now if you receive a letter from KCRC and it states that you have a returned check and you believe it was paid. Call 1-800-917-6484 and we can tell you the procedure to get the check taken off of our system.

Concerned Represenative

• Ro
      28th of Sep, 2018

I was charged a check recovery fee for a check that was posted a month earlier and did not bounce. This fee caused my bank account to be overdrawn leading to more fees from my bank. I had to waste a lot of time and effort to even get a hold of this place to dispute the charges and have them take them off of my account. I am reporting them to every agency that regulates this type of business since they obviously do not know how to do their jobs and cause a lot of grief to people and do not help the people fix the mistakes that they cause!

• Ka
      2nd of Oct, 2018

The same thing happened to me
    Said they were holding a check and then charged 30.00. Now I get another one in the mail saying they're holding two checks and charging more money. I paid it online when we had plenty of money in there. I made sure of that. What is going on? Said my card was declined. I'm not paying them any more money. That was a new card too
    We had plenty of money in our account. That's why I went ahead and paid it.