Chaz Dean Guthy Renker / Chaz Dean Hair Care

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-964-1892

I stupidly ordered the Chaz Dean hair care system off an informercial sponsered by Guthy Renker. I guess I should have been suspicious when I called the number to order. They tried to sell my vitamins in addition to priority shipping. I went for the shipping and they stated that it would arrive within 5 business days. On 5/14 still no order, I called the customer service number and they told me it was on backorder. THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW THIS! I canceled the order, or so I thought. Today, I checked my credit card statement and saw a $105 charge. I called back and they told me that the order was never canceled. Shocking! They told me that they shipped out a 90 day supply. I ordered a 30 day and I am sure that I still was charged for priority shipping. They informed me to state return to sender on the box once it arrives and that it takes 4-7 weeks to credit my account. We'll see if that happens. BEWARE- SCAM!

D

Comments

• Tr
      19th of Aug, 2008

I to was stupid an ordered The Wen Hair Care System from Guthy Renker. In short I ordered it and never recieved it. I did however continue to get billed on my credit card for the hair care products & their stupid Vitamins which I never ordered! I called customer service and inquired about where my product was & asked why I was being charged for vitamins and I was treated like a mail order thief! I pretty much told the c.s. guy off and he finally said he was going to cancel my order. I suspected this would not be the end of this so I decided to cancel my credit card and ordered a new one with a different number, just incase. Glad I did because they waited another 3 months and have tried to start billing my old credit card number again and even went as far as to send me a letter asking me for the updated one! The last laugh is on them lol. I just hope others will read this before they consider ordering from Chaz Dean, they are nothing but a scam!

• Ne
      14th of Oct, 2008

I STUPIDLY ORDERED FROM CHAZ DEAN AS WELL. I GOT THE 30 DAY SUPPLY IN THE MAIL AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE IT. IT IS JUST SITTING IN MY SHOWER NEVER BEING USED. THE WORST PART IS THAT THEY TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY DEBIT CARD EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. THEY TOOK 29.95 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT TODAY. NOW I HAVE TO DISPUTE THE CHARGE (FOR THE THIRD TIME). I CALLED GUTHY-RENKER AND THE PERSON THAT I TALKED TO WAS SO RUDE, UNEDUCATED, AND DISRESPECTFUL THAT I COULD HARDLY BELIEVE IT. HE ENDED UP HANGING UP ON ME. I SUGGEST THAT YOU NEVER USE GUTHY-RENKER. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER BIGTIME.

• Me
      4th of Nov, 2008

Buyer beware. The product is nothing special. But if you sign up for the introductory offer be prepared to automatically be sent shipments into infinity. It makes no sense that an introductory offer automatically signs you up for an ongoing subscription conveniently charged to your credit card. Returns are a complete hassle costing the consumer significant inconvenience in terms of time and postal expense!!! The GUTHY-RENKER representative I spoke to was very slick. She claimed "We use this approach for our consumers so they arent' inconvenienced with having to reorder, blah, blah, blah". Well, if the product was so amazing people would manage to re-order. Instead Guthy-Renker has to resort to sleazy sales schemes to charge and re-charge credit cards and that speaks volumes? I do not recommend this product. SCAM ALERT. Avoid this dealer.

• Am
      4th of Nov, 2008

Just to add one more. True, they get you with the fine print. The agravating part is that once you realize it and try to get your money back, they make you jump through hoops. The rep I spoke to claimed that it takes 3-4 weeks for them to process the refund ONCE IT GETS TO THEIR WAREHOUSE. If you refuse the package, you have no way of proving you sent it bac. If you want some sort of insurance (since they won't process your refund until they get the product), then you have to pay for the shipping. All for something you never ordered!

I agree, avoid this dealer. Sleazy.

• Si
      11th of Nov, 2008

this product sucked! it made my hair worse than it already was. dont buy it, it isn't worth the time or the money.

• Fo
      24th of Oct, 2009

Thank you for posting everyone. I almost fell for this one. but you know what they say.. if it sounds too good to be true, probably is.

• Ni
      10th of Mar, 2010

My daughter ordered the product, didn't like it and returned the un-used portion for a refund which she has never received..it's been a year. Don't order from this company.

• Wh
      17th of Mar, 2010

I was going to order today. thanks for the info!

• He
      18th of Mar, 2010

Sure glad I read all of your comments prior to ordering. Thanks for keeping me from making a bad mistake!

11th of Apr, 2010

WOW I WAS GOING TO ORDER THIS PRODUCT ALSO, , SO GLAD I READ EVERYONES COMMENTS. THOUGH I FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT FELL IN THE SCAM!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS. I NOW KNOW NOT TO GO FOR IT!

• Ye
      10th of Jun, 2010

I was about to order the product today but I won't now. Thanks to all for your comments...

• Cm
      11th of Feb, 2011

I just got off the phone with them for the THIRD time THIS WEEK trying to get my refund for product that was never shipped on an account that was CANCELED TWICE. I was told six days ago my refund would take 24-48 hours and given a confirmation number. This was bs since no one could see any refund. When I finally spoke with a supervisor she acted like she was doing ME a favor by reimbursing my debit card for me (and it will be at least 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS). I am writing the better business bureau and suggest anyone else with these issues do the same. It's a shame really since the product really made my hair look fantastic. Unfortunately I will NEVER deal with this company again.

• Ru
      25th of Jun, 2011

Wow! I (a Postal Carrier) delivered my first box of Wen about 2 weeks ago, and picked it back up today as refused, return to sender, but I scanned it as prepaid acceptance, so she can prove that she shipped it back, sure hope she doesn't have the trouble y'all have had, and I had been planning to check her out... see if her hair looked better and if she liked it, and then would order myself, but phew, dodged that bullet!