Charter Communications / worst service of cable ever...

United States, Tennessee, Jasper Review updated:
Charter Communications
144 Cindy Drive
Somehow our cable got disconnected. I called and the lady said my bills was late. I had it set up on auto bill pay and I never really looked at my bill, I just filed it each month. I had forgotten my cable bill was being pulled from an account that I had closed. At any rate, I called trying to turn my cable back on. They told me it would be 3 days later before someone could come out and turn it on. I explained that no one had to turn it on, just flip the switch and get it on. I was mad, but I HAD to agree to the 3 days to get my service.

When I got home, the TV guide was on, I called back and was very upset that they couldn't just turn it on, because I obviously still had some sort of service and it hadn't been disconnected from the pole, or I couldn't get their guide... She said now that the order was in there for the 23rd, it could not be changed or overridden. Madder than ever, I said, what if I told you to stop it, you'd find a way to override it then. By this time, I was speaking to a supervisor. She said that someone had called and my cable was "voluntarily disconnected". I said I never called anyone. She couldn't explain. I told her it was the worse place to do business with and if ANY other cable company comes into my ear, I was moving my service --- I HATE CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS!!! The first lady I talked to for 30 minutes and she didn't know her head from a hole in the ground and the second and third time I was on the phone for 35+ minutes. My cable still is not on and will not be for days!! AGAIN -- I HATE CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS!!! DO NOT USE THEM. They don't know what their own service is -- much less tell YOU what it is. They couldn't tell me WHO disconencted my cable and/or if it was disconnected because of my late payment OR because of someone calling. Mind you, they SAY they record all calls -- I asked her WHO called and how they were able to obtain my information to disconnect my cable...no clue... I have to go through HECK to get anything out of them and then I learn that someone ELSE can just call and disconnect my service --- bull crap...

D  10th of Mar, 2011 by
First of all, you need to take full responsibility for yourself and your own financial affairs. No Service Provider is going to maintain service for you if you don't pay your bill, even if they have competitors, so quit botching about that. The term "voluntary disconnect" is an account code listed on accounts which differentiates a non-pay from other types of disconnects like sale to another company or a company issued disconnect where some customer calls up and sexually harasses an employee. Why that one individual used those semantics, no one knows, but you don't color an entire company based off of a few [censor]S. Why? Because there are [censor]s EVERYWHERE!!! At Dish, AT&T, DirecTV, other cable companies...your bank, Wal-Mart, etc. You getting the guide is NOT an indicator that the line is untrapped. If it were still untrapped, you would be getting basic and expanded basic which are "flow through" signals that you can't just "flip a switch" for. The only ones you can "flip a switch" on are digital and premium channels and ONLY when the line is untrapped!!! Why the guide still worked is anyone's guess, but it was probably due to a faulty trap. But even if the rep you talk to is a complete [censor], they kinda know better than you...don't you think??? I don't sit there and make it my life's goal to tell customers everything they don't want to hear. Why? Because I personally want my day to go well...not be [censor]ed at by temper-throwing, foot stamping, child-like, "me-me-me-now-now-now" [censor]s such as yourself, who don't understand the complexities of running infrastructure, scheduling, workloads, etc. Besides...TV made you the way you are now...unpleasant, anti-social, loss of critical thinking, demanding and DUMB!!! You'd do well to stop watching TV altogether!!!
N  10th of Mar, 2011 by
Oh, and on another note, if anyone in this world has your information and is the same gender as you, they can call ANY company you do business with and do anything with your account...including disconnect it. Are you not bright enough to know that? That being said, it is NOT likely that someone called in to disconnect your Charter account. Again...assuming you're too stupid to really know these things, when your bill is not paid you lose service...regardless if the fault lies with your bank or whomever!!! Damn, you're an idiot!!!

Charter Communications Logo Charter Communications