Charter Communications / false billing

1 P.O. Box 3427Bloomington, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-633-4379

Acct. #[protected]
This collection agency is trying to collect a bill incured by my exwife in 2001. Our divorce was final in Dec. of 1999 What the heck is going on? Don't these people check into anything? She died in in 2004. If she used my name and SS# to get this cable service then that is fraud on her part...not mine.

Sincerely,
Bill DeFord

Comments

• Ca
      11th of Mar, 2010

People wake up! These people and others like them buy accounts where the statue of limitations to collect on them has run out and hope that someone will be foolish enough to pay. They offer these settlements to give you the idea that you are saving money. They can't sue because the statue of limitation has already run out. I'm in NY and our limit is 6 years. If you pay even agree to an installment then the statue starts up again. Mine was a fraud case. It should have been taken care of in 1998.

Get a copy of your credit report to make sure that they are not on it. If they are contact the credit reporting agency and demand it be taken off because of the statue of limitations. I am an ex collector, I know that game. I just will not fall for it. Contact your attorney general and the FTC they need to be aware of these agencies.

• Ca
      11th of Mar, 2010

0 mins ago by Carole007 0 Votes

• El
      19th of Jul, 2010

This is a letter I wrote to the collection agency at 4200parkway drive Carrollton, TX.

From Ellis Covan
    Swannanoa, NC

Greetings,
    This is in respond to the phone call concerning a bill that Charter "Cable" SAYS that I owe.
    Confirmation number is 042189020.
    I DON'T OWE this bill.
    Here is what happened, I signed up with Charter for internet service ONLY.
    All was ok for, I think about three months, Than a bill came for much more than it was suppose to be.
    At that time I call their office and spoke with some lady, which did not know anything, But She did
    tell me how much I was suppose to owe.
    I asked her why the increase and I was told that they had changed my plan.
    After I told her that they could not make any changes without me knowing and giving an OK.
    She then switch me to another office then to another office.
    I talked to three different ladies and each one told me different amounts and why the increased.
    At that time I told them to come and disconnect the service
    A few days later I came home and found the cable wire ripped up from where it was buried across my driveway, The wire ran down a pole on the far side of my house where the man that installed
    the wire and left about 150 feet (50 feet would have been plenty) of wire on the ground.
    I guess they get paid for the extra wire, I shorten the wire and buried it across my driveway and ran it to the house.
    That day when I came home and found the wire ripped up and just running across the driveway,
    Not cut at either end but left about two feet hanging above ground across the driveway.
    I did owe $36 dollars and some change and I told the gentleman That I spoke with That I would Pay that amount If I could get a final bill stating that the $36+change was the final amount.
    However, Thinking back to that day when I Had to stop my car and find a tool so that I could
    cut the wire in order to get into my driveway, , I have decided That I would charge Charter Cable
    That amount for the in convince they caused me.
    I also think I will send a copy of this letter to the Better Business bureau and also contact
    The utility commission and send them a copy also.
    Is this any way to run a business? I think not.
    Charter Cable can let the matter drop now or I will take further action.
    Sincerely,

Carrollton, TX
    Att.
    1-800-377-7789 Client service

18th of Nov, 2010

I want to say thank you for all of this insightful information!! I just got a letter in the mail from this collection agency stating that I owed money to my neurosurgeon which I do owe but just found out a month ago that I was covered by worker's compensation thus they are paying all of my bills!! They did not include a phone number so I called information for it & all it says is thank you for calling please leave your name account number & a agent will call you back. But the mailbox is too full to do so it keeps repeating the message. I have also contacted my neurosurgeon's office to find out what the deal is since I know for a fact my workers comp agent has called them over the last 3 weeks in regards to this bill and to get me another appointment!!

• Js
      11th of Feb, 2011

My husband has been getting a bill from afni for over a year and he could never remember having a bill from California for that amount. The full bill was $349.86 and we recieved a letter last week to settle for $100.00! The original bill was through Charter Communications, whom I have dealt with in the past. We are senior citizens and live on SS and can't keep paying these frauds. Acct.#0103264-02