CenturyLink / Billing for internet

1 930 15th St, 11th FloorDenver, CO, United States

I've had internet service with CenturyLink for a few years, and I have never missed a payment. This new incident began on 10/28/15 when I upgraded from 12 mbps to 20 mbps which is a free upgrade - activated on November 10th, 2015. My account # [protected] which I've always used for my internet service and was paid in full. One of their uninformed reps issued a new account number for upgrading my internet, which I found out later wasn't necessary. I sent back the old modem, which they received in November. So CenturyLink knew that this account was no longer active and should have been closed and deleted, because the new account was in service and working. They didn't close the old account, but instead kept charging me for services not rendered and no modem attached. I made call after call and talked to the finance dept. several times of which they assured me that no charges would be taken out of my autopay account and it would charged back to zero. It never happened! In January $70 was deducted form my bank, which I disputed and it was credited to my account. But today, Jan 10th, I looked at my CL account and I owe $126.72 of which there was not supposed to have auto pay in place, but it is in place. So I charged it on a credit card so that my bank wouldn't be touched. CenturyLink has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. I've reported them to the FCC for myself and also to help others who have been fraudulently charged. I want my credit card refunded for the $126.72 that I never owed in the first place. CenturyLink tries to blame their customers for their mistakes, which is appalling. They are liars and thieves and they need to be stopped!

In