[Resolved] Century Link — century link rip off
Century Link, formerly Embarq, is the worst company to do business with. I have had phone service with the same company for 13 years. I missed last months payment and they shut off our phone, dsl and email accounts. The payment was a oversight and sent a check 4 days before the new due date.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Kingwood, TXCentury link is a total rip off and I would recommend using a different company for your phone service. Or better yet - start hitting these over prices telecommunications companies were it really hurts and go cellular. Heck I have not even used my home phone in years. Also, I have 3 business lines with them and 2 dsl accounts. Guess what, come Monday morning they will all be switched to a different company!
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
CenturyLink Customer Care's Response · Aug 15, 2016
Hi, Thanks for contacting us with this issue. I would like to take a minute a clear up any confusion there might be about fee's we charge for payments. We do have several options available for you to make payments and some do have fee's associated with them. When you call into our customer service line and make a payment with our representatives there is a $4.00 transaction fee. You can avoid the fee by paying through our automated phone system anytime of day. Also Paying through our website at www.centurylink.com does not charge a fee of any type, mailing in a check is also a option for payment.
I hope this helps if you have further questions you can email us anytime at [protected]@centurylink.com or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
More Century Link Complaints & Reviews
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link Dsl - misrepresentation of services and fees 
- CenturyLink - huge overcharges and fraudulent billing 
- CenturyLink - poor customer service/ $99 early term fee for service that never worked 
- Century Link - vacation plan
- CenturyLink - poor customer service and incorrect bills 
- CenturyLink - centurylink's subcontractor cut my gas line
- Century Link - internet/I was told one thing and then it didn't happen.
- Centurylink Service - bad service to employee