Centerpoint Energy / ruined my front yard
In late November 2011, I smelled gas in my front yard in Bellaire, TX. Centerpoint Energy came out to inspect. They stated that there was a small leak and thay they'd come back to repair it. The next week, I came home to find a 6'X4' section of my driveway gone and a 12'X4' section of my front yard torn up. Additionally, I went to run the sprinkler system that night, and the sprinkler system was broken somewhere in that section of my yard. I called to complain and spoke to Greta Walters in their complaints division. Foreshadowing: Over the course of the next 6 months, Greta would return about 1 out of every 10 of my phone calls.
I told Greta that I wanted her to call me before a team came out to fix my driveway because I thought they should replace the entire strip across my driveway (approximaley 10'X4'), as opposed to the one hole they just chopped out of my driveway. Greta clearly didn't listen to me (or didn't care), because a crew came out and replaced the 6'X4' section in my driveway, which now looks TERRIBLE, and they placed new grass in the 12'X4' section of my yard, which now looks decent after I re-landscaped it.
Greta informed me that they would not fix my sprinkler system as it was in an easement and was technically Centerpoint's property. My sprinkler system was never repaired after numerous complaints to Greta and her supervisor, Kim Coffman. My driveway still looks TERRIBLE. I wound up going out in my front yard and spending a weekend fixing my grass and sprinkler system as Greta stated that she would not pay to repair my sprinkler system. It is now May 6, 2012 and my sprinkler system is finally fixed (BECAUSE I DID SO ON MY OWN). It took Centerpoint 6 MONTHS to NOT fix my yard.
The bottom line is that Centerpoint's monopoly on the Houston (and surrounding areas) now allows them to act at their own desire and break, tear, and destroy anything in their path without any recourse.
If you have a choice, which most of us Houstonians do not, DO NOT USE CENTERPOINT ENERGY. THEY ARE CROOKS, AND THEY ARE QUITE COGNIZANT OF THIER MONOPOLOY!!!
More Centerpoint Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Cenerpoint Energy - home service plus is a worthless 
- Centerpoint Energy - unauthorized access into yard by meter reader 
- Centerpoint Energy Gas - Reconnect Fees 
- Centerpoint Energy - Houston, TX - Very poor customer care service! 
- Centerpoint Energy - scam and fraud 
- Centerpoint Industries - Lots of delays and excuses 
- Centerpoint Energy - reconnection requirements and procedures
- Centerpoint Energy - 83a (superviser in houston office) 
- CenterPoint Energy - destroyed my, front, yard flower beds and sprinkler system
- CenterPoint Energy - restoring power to commercial building - humble tx.