CenterPoint Energy / home service plus

Minneapolis, MN, United States

I contacted Home Service Plus on Friday July 14, 2017 due to a furnace issue in that the blower motor was not operational. After some discussion, I was told and received email confirmation that the earliest appointment available was on July 18, 2017 between 10:00AM - 2:00PM. With temperatures pushing into the 90's over the next few days, this concerned me with the comfort of my family. I indicated this concern during my phone conversation with the Home Service Plus customer service agent and was again told that the date and time for July 18th was the earliest date available. I look at five days as excessive and knowing that this blower was replaced by Home Service Plus in the past few years is something that needs to be considered from my (customer) perspective. I ended up having an outside HVAC repair company repair my unit that afternoon. I did re-contact Home Service Plus that afternoon to cancel my appointment as the repair was made and explained my disappointment with how my service request was handled. I then had a service person arrive at my Home early Sunday July 16, 2017 to make the repair and indicated that they were not needed as the repair was already made. My invoice for repair was $670.00 for labor and parts and requested reimbursement from Center point Energy Home Service Plus. I was told today after my request for reimbursement was denied, that it was denied because we would have needed to wait five business days until I could contract an outside repair company. This means I would have to wait seven calendar days as Saturday and Sunday would not count for the waiting period. I think with the five day lead-time for repair and the fact that this blower motor has been replaced twice now supported my request for reimbursement. As a loyal customer of Home Service Plus for over 15 years this truly shows their lack of ensuring customer satisfaction is met.

Un