Center Point Gas Customer Service / Gas Reconnection

United States Review updated:
Center Point Gas Service has the worst Customer of all utility companies I've ever dealt with... !!! I have forgotten to pay the bill and they disconnected the gas service. I paid the bill immediately. However, the next day I was going to get the gas service reconnected they told me a technician will arrive between 9:00am and 7:00pm and that someone must stay home and wait "ALL DAY" because they could not tell me an approximate time of arrival. Since I have to work and I was about 10-15 minutes away to get home I left a phone number for the technician to call me when he was on his way to re-connect the gas. I called 3 times Center Point Customer Service to make sure they have the information and I would get a call from the technician. The technician showed up around 6:00pm and never called the 2nd phone number. I hope I can find another Gas utility company in Houston to change the service. I also have a business account with Center Point Gas which I will also change. If you know of any other Gas utility company in Houston, please advice. I'm also looking at another options like installing a "Califont gas water heater, " which is widely used in Europe and South America. This heater can be connected to a portable gas container and it’s much cheaper that staying obligated to Center Point Gas service. Any thoughts? Thanks!

N  28th of Aug, 2010 by
Your meter reader was here today and broke my electric gate. Instead of coming to the front door to ask me to open it so he could go in, he forced it open and now I can not get it closed. Are you going to pay for the rapir of my gate?
N  28th of Aug, 2010 by
Your meter reader man was here today to read the meter, he did not come to the door to ask me to open the gate, he forced his way in and now my gate will not close or open. it is stuck and I want to know if you are going to pay the repair bill. I have the gates for a reason, I have dogs and cats. He did not have my permission to come in the back yard.

CenterPoint Energy Logo CenterPoint Energy