Cato's / Awful experience

I went to Cato's in Warrensburg Mo to try to find some cute comfy clothes to fit me, being 5 months pregnant it isn't always easy. So I started off in the plus size section tried on about 10 items only to realize they were all to baggy. I put every thing back on the hangers just like they were, as I usually always do. I then check out the misses section and found again about 10-12 items, out of those I only found 3 items that fit nicely and were more importantly comfortable. I could tell the lady that checked me in to my fitting room seemed to be very annoyed with me because I was trying on so many items. When I went to check out she rudely said, "Are all those clothes still in the fitting room!" I said nicely, well yes??? I thought to myself "why wouldn't they be? Am I suppose to put them back for you? Because I wasn't aware that you were hiring! Shouldn't I fill out an application first?" Thats what I should of told her! But being the easy going person I am I just said yes they were. Then she almost shouted across the store in front of me and all the other customers to her co-worker " I NEED YOU TO CLEAN OUT FITTING ROOM 3" Like I was some huge inconvenience. She made me feel very embarrassed. Needless to say I will never be going to CATO's store again. I should have just gone to Maurices which was right across the street.

• Vivian Boyles's Response, Apr 21, 2018

I will not ever enter another CATO Store & I will warrant my Friends NOT TO as well. I can spend my money & my time shopping in an EQUAL ENVIRONMENT! Thank You

• Mrs dyer's Response, Sep 21, 2018

I can't find my receipt so I need a in store credit...

Sa

Comments

• Li
      6th of Jun, 2018

On Monday evening 06/04/18 I went online to see store hours for Cato in jennings, la, It was posted that they were opened til 9pm. so I drove 35 mins to the store after working a 10hour day, when I arrived it was 7:55 pm .I noticed store hours on window that they closed at 8pm. so I opened the door and asked if that was the right time on window. there was two sales clerks Elizabeth and Taylor there. I proceed to explain that I went online and it was posted that they closed at 9. one of the knew what I was talking about and said she had called to have time changed, so one of them asked if I knew what I was shopping for I said not really I just need something for work the next morning. they said you can go head and look and both immediately started trying to help me find something, I kept apologizing to them and both of them kept saying don't worry about it its fine, I'm telling you that I truly hate going in to any kind of store when they about to close much less in 5 min. they were so friendly and professional that I ran in there for one shirt left 15 mins later, 5 shirts 3 pants and a sweater. I'm telling you these 2 women were great and the reason I will keep going back and telling my friends and family to do the same. the way world is today everyone always in a rush theses 2 women are a golden asset to your company. Elizabeth and Taylor do not ever change.

• Vi
      21st of Aug, 2018
    The Cato Corporation - Customer Experience in the Storefront
    Claremore
    Oklahoma

CATO store in Claremore, OK treats African American customers like shoplifters/window shoppers. Im n a wedding & was told 2 purchase a specific item @CATO. the mgr & sales assoc. singled me out upon entering being AFRICAN AMERICAN &followed me while 6 Caucasian customers freely Roamed w/out Scrutiny. It's discriminatory! #offendedFEDERALemployee

• Mr
      2nd of Oct, 2018
    The Cato Corporation - Skirt
    New Albany
    Indiana

I was told I can't return a skirt that doesn't fit my daughter since I can't find my receipt. Why can't I get a store credit. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah it doesn't take 350 characters to let you know what my problem is!!! Why does my complaint keep getting sent back????? This is ridiculous!!! Whatever I will send 350 this time!!!

• Da
      15th of Oct, 2018
    The Cato Corporation - Customer service
    Blackwood
    New Jersey

The dressing room at store 1348 on 9/29/18 between 5-6 pm was very dirty. Upon arriving the employees working did not greet or offer to help me during anytime of my visit. They did however go out of their way to assist a customer that came in after me. I'm black and she was white. More black customers came in and they weren't helped either!!!

• Br
      11th of Nov, 2018
    The Cato Corporation - the store in Farmington nm
    Farmington
    New Mexico

My wife and I are so frustrated as to the lack of information from the very competent and friendly workers. Apparently, they are not allowed to voice their opinion or ask for certain clothing. They are not robots, they are enthusiastic and good people why aren't they treated as such?