Castlerock Security / Contract renewal

United States, Nebraska Review updated:
Castlerock Security
I purchased my home security system August 11, 2006 from APX alarm. I should have know right of the bat this was a bad idea. The sales people were very pushy and required a signed agreement that day with installation that day.

Finally, after three long years we completed our contract obligations. I call on August 22, 2009 to cancel my subscription. To my surprise I was told I've already been enrolled in an additional 1 year contract since I didn't send a written letter 30 days prior to my original contract termination date. My contracts roll over into a month by month with a 30-90 day termination notice, not 1 year!

How in the world was I supposed to remember three years later to send a written letter to terminate my contract 30 days prior! Who does business like this? I know who, CRIMINALS!!! My contract has changed hands or names with companies three times in the three year commitment I signed up for. My original contract was with APX alarms, who then sold my contract to SAI. I just found out that SAI now goes by Castle Rock. This is all signs of a company trying to avoid bad PR for terrible customer service practices. It appears the only way they can get customers is by strong arming them into renewal contracts.

Why would anyone want to entrust the security of their family and home to a company with such poor business practices??

N  2nd of Aug, 2009 by
Can always choose ASCA www.asca-us.com
A  4th of Aug, 2009 by
We are in the same boat- lousy company and even worse customer service. Their original equipment is obsolete and yet they use deceitful practices to keep their customers.
I guess when you have a dishonest and substandard company, the only way you can stay in business is to screw your customers in the fine print.
Don't believe them when they say "oh we will send you a confirmation of cancelation to your email" It won't come and they probably sell your email info to spammers.
This is an old school sleazy, con man style company and once we are free from them, we would never consider them for anything again.

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! It feels like having criminals in charge of your security!
A  23rd of Aug, 2009 by
The same thing happened to me. This company is very shady. This practice has got to be illegal. What can we do or complain to? Class Action Lawsuit????
N  13th of Nov, 2009 by

Castlerock Security - Cancellation
Castlerock Security
Arlington Heights

I had a door to door salesperson come to my house and got the security equipment free. During that visit there was a 36 month contract. He advised me after that contract is done I could cancel. Which I did giving 30 day notice. They now say I have to pay 1 yr of charges because I didn't cancel due to their auto renewal policy which my contract doesn't state. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told there was not one . The rep then called me back. I called back asking for a supervisor and was eventually transferred. She didn't help at all. I am now getting bills/harrassing calls. I refuse to pay for something that is unethical. I am writing complaints to the BBB, attorney general. This company is shady.
A  22nd of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes indeed... Castlerock is the one to be afraid of... I honestly feel like they have raped my checking account each and every month!
N  15th of Jun, 2010 by

Castlerock Security - Auto renewal despite notice to cancel

Contacted Castlerock early March regarding end of contract. Was advised must complete contract term exp June 7th 2010. Contacted again on May 10 and was advised to send written request to close account. This was done same day (email) whereby I requested them to confirm cancellation. Never received a reply. Noticed I was charged again in June. Again contacted them to be told contract has been automatically extended for a further year to June 2011. Cancellation notice had to be received 30 days prior to end of original contract. This I was never advised of. They are now claiming that I am legally in a contract bind.

N  23rd of Jun, 2010 by
I have the exact same situation with Castle Rock. I absolutely hate this company. In every aspect, they have been trouble since day 1! Initially, it was through First Alert (GE) then sold and the billing is through an entirely different company called SAI! I faxed in my cancellation well in advance. They claim they never received it (bull). I overnight-ed my cancellation letter and it arrived 1/2 day late. So now they are saying I'm obligated through contract. Automatic contract renewals should be illegal. These guys are really bad news. Their service is terrible, technical staff is useless, and they never called me when my alarm accidentally tripped! STAY AWAY FROM CASTLE ROCK!!!
A  5th of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
CastleRockSecurity.info this is the address of the CastleRock Security Complaint Forum, if enough people use it, it will beat castlerock's own site on search engine query's of "CastleRock Security"
A  5th of Aug, 2010 by
N  18th of Aug, 2010 by

Castlerock Security - Take action against CastleRock
CastleRock Security
2101 S. Arlington Heights Rd. Ste 150
Arlington Heights
Phone: 800-705-7681

Everyone, please contact the Attorney General of Illinois, the BBB of Chicago and Northern Illinois, and the Attorney General of your state. Cancel your contracts. You can dispute the validity of claims made against your credit.

Don't forget about taking these people to small claims court, since they've done business in your state, you can take them to small claims court in your own county.

Also, see if your employer has an Employee Benefit Plan (EAP) that offers discounted legal services.

It may take time and a lot of effort, but let's not be victims of unethical business practice or consumer fraud!
N  14th of Oct, 2010 by
N  17th of Dec, 2010 by

Castlerock Security - Contract

Castlerock security does not tell you that you cannot get out of their contracts, that they renew automatically, it is a rip off they steel from the
Public..It is in very fine print somewhere on their contracts, and i did not even get my alarm system from them it camr from apx...So apx is to blame also .
Do not use castlerock security, or apx, or sai security
I can not believe the businesses in the us are allowed to do this to the public...What a scam!!!
And writing to the bbb does not help..The company does not care ...

CastleRock Security Logo CastleRock Security