Castlerock Security / Contract renewal
I purchased my home security system August 11, 2006 from APX alarm. I should have know right of the bat this was a bad idea. The sales people were very pushy and required a signed agreement that day with installation that day.
Finally, after three long years we completed our contract obligations. I call on August 22, 2009 to cancel my subscription. To my surprise I was told I've already been enrolled in an additional 1 year contract since I didn't send a written letter 30 days prior to my original contract termination date. My contracts roll over into a month by month with a 30-90 day termination notice, not 1 year!
How in the world was I supposed to remember three years later to send a written letter to terminate my contract 30 days prior! Who does business like this? I know who, CRIMINALS!!! My contract has changed hands or names with companies three times in the three year commitment I signed up for. My original contract was with APX alarms, who then sold my contract to SAI. I just found out that SAI now goes by Castle Rock. This is all signs of a company trying to avoid bad PR for terrible customer service practices. It appears the only way they can get customers is by strong arming them into renewal contracts.
Why would anyone want to entrust the security of their family and home to a company with such poor business practices??
More Castlerock Security Complaints & Reviews
- Castle Rock Security - Refusal to cancel 
- Castle Rock Security - Poor contract renewal terms 
- Security Associates International, Inc. (SAI) / CastleRock Security, Inc - Unable to cancel contract after term 
- Castle Rock Security - Unfair Contract Renewal Process 
- Castle Rock Security - refused to cancel my account 
- Castlerock Security - Charging for service they are not providing 
- Castle Rock Security - FRAUDULENT CHARGES 
- Castle Rock Security - Cancellation Policy
- Apx - Sai - Castle Rock Security Alarm Monitoring - The sales people were very pushy
- Castle Rock Security - Contract Scams