CashforLaptops.com / Scam

They quoted my $300 and then they said that there are scratches on the screen and on the back.

It's a 2 year old laptop and there will be some wear and tear.

Now the second offer is exactly the half of original qoute.

If you don't want to sell at that price then you have to pay shipping of $20 plus there's no gaurentee of getting it back in same condition as you shipped.

So I have to accept there offer below the amount which the costco recycle program was giving me.

It's better to go with a trusted name rather then going for a little higher amount and then end up getting even lesser then what i was offered initially by trusted names.

Ch

Comments

• Me
      2nd of Dec, 2009

If you have a problem with these guys, for example getting the bait and switch, I suggest contacting the Nevada Attorney General.

You want to contact the Consumer Affairs Division at (702) 486-7355. They will get you the right forms so you can file a complaint for deceptive trade practices.

You should also file a complaint with the FTC and BBB:

• Sh
      15th of Oct, 2011

I was quoted $84 for my HP Pavilion ZD8000 laptop, so I ordered a box and sent it to them. Approximately 10 days later, I received a call with an offer of $5.
    Needless to say, I was not happy. We finally agreed on a price of $30.

I followed up by reporting them to the BBB and here is their reply:
    "Our website offers an estimate of what the device might be worth under ideal circumstances. We do receive devices which are still in the manufacturer's packaging with the seals still intact. For these devices, we pay the amount listed on the website. Anything outside of these criteria receives a revised offer."
    In other words, unless you are shipping a brand new item to them you will never receive their quoted price.

• Od
      9th of Dec, 2014

Stay away from these guy it is a ripoff.
    Got a quote for 4 item, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 ($453), Asus Nexus 7 ($133), Asus Nexus 5 ($247) and a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ($342). Of course I did not expect to get these Quoted prices but expected to get close to it as gear was in good condition. I received their Inspection offer on Dec 4 for 3 of the items Note Pro ($68), Nexus 7 ($20) and Nexus 5 ($39) and was told there was a problem with the Galaxy Note 3. I call them about the Galaxy Note 3 about the problem and asked to speak to their purchasing department but Customer service rep told me to wait until they inspected the Note 3 before I talked to them. He told me that I would get an email on Saturday about the Note 3, email never came. So tried to get in touch with them on Saturday and could not get through to customer service and was told to call back Monday. Spent most of the day on 8 phone calls trying to get in touch with Purchasing department with no luck, Last phone call was at 2 pm PST when I was told that Monday was their busy day and I should call back tomorrow. After 10 phone call on Tuesday I finally get ahold of someone from Purchasing to go over quotes and was told that those were the prices that they where going to pay so I asked for my gear back. They said they no longer had my gear that it was "all ready Processed" but would send me $250 more for the gear. old them that I did not want extra money just my gear back and was told sorry there was nothing that they could do.