Carolina Carports / leaks

United States Review updated:

I purchased a carolina carport, the roof on the thing leaks like a sive.I contacted them about the problem and they told me there was only a 30 day warranty on their product and more or less told me oh well not our problem.I would highly recommend anyone looking to purchase a carport not to buy from them and to be sure that if as this company only has a 30 warranty to be sure any you buy has no leaks or other defects within the 30 day time frame.

Comments

• Pa
      25th of Oct, 2018

Carolina Carport had contacted me to inform me that because I was getting lap siding I was expected to pay an addition $500 more than the signed contract...When I informed them that a County Inspector would be on the premise to inspect the building they said they would get back with me...In the meantime I contacted the dealer where I ordered the building, he said he would contact Carolina Carports..The dealer said he would absorb the extra cost...Carolina Carport added the extra charge because at first they were going to place the studs at five foot intervals, (and not follow the Florida Building codes), but after I told them an County Inspector would be present they then decided to follow Florida Building codes and charge me extra...So I personally believe they were trying to build to their standards instead of following the Florida Building codes...The building has not yet been built...We shall see if they are going to build to Florida Building codes...They also told me that I didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the contract stating that they could change the total cost of the building at their discretion...If the building is not built to the Florida Building codes (which they are totally aware of), or if they decide to charge me more than the contract indicates, then I will take legal action...This is not the way to conduct business...