Carmax / Terrible Service at the Service Dept

1 8800 freestate Dr.Laurel, MD, United States Review updated:

Put my vehicle in for service in the early morning at the Laurel, MD carmax. I recieved a call on the 2nd day that it was ready. I came down to the shop after hours to pick up and after 30 minutes of waiting for someone trying to find my car, I was told it was not ready. So after wasting my time and gas, I went home and got a call the next day that the car would be ready for me to pick up. I made it to the service center that evening got my keys and went to inspect my car, I saw that there was damage to my left drivers sideview mirror. I spoke to a service consultant who called my "senior service consultant" (that had already left for the day) who said to go ahead and take the car and that he would order the replacement part for me first thing in the morning. I haven't heard from him, I've left voice mail and no return call. I would like to think that he would treat any customer in this situation as a priority, but I guess not. I will no longer use carmax to purchase cars or service my vehicle.

Ra

Comments

An
  15th of Aug, 2008

I bought a Dodge Magnum a little over 4 weeks ago. Not even having the vehicle for 3 weeks I broke down in the middle of a busy intersection. Long story short..I payed $51 for towing, was late for work and was saddled with a Ford Fusion loaner for me and my baby. 2 days later was told vehicle was finished, picked it up, drove 4 miles and broke down again. 2nd day late for work in one week. 2 more days, I was told to drive the 20 plus miles to another dealership to sign some papers. I get there wait 20 mins. for the person I was to see..3 days late for work this week only to be finally told I was not needed. It is now exactlly 1 week since my new car has broken down and 5 mins ago get phone call saying still waiting for parts and will call me Monday. I have a very large car payment coming up soon..1st one and I havent even been able to drive my car. Is there anything ...compensation or some form of split pymt for this inconveince and not even having the vehicle?

An
  5th of Sep, 2008

It has now been 6 weeks since I bought this Magnum. I finally got it back after 10 days. Drove it for about 5 days and now head lights are flashing..super dangerous at night with 10 month old baby in back seat. Brought my car in and waited 2 hours just to be told that the part, whatever part that is, will be in in the morning. Take car home, get up super early with baby to drop car off only to be told that the part wont be in until next afternoon..these people think nothing about wasting my very limited time. I am at this point incredibly furios and it appears all I can do about it is bend over...no vaseline!!