Carid.com / do not order from them, no matter how good the prices are

US Review updated:

Website pictured the running boards I ordered on my exact vehicle. When I couldn't make them fit I got runaround about these not being intended for my vehicle but tech support would see what they could do. After not hearing back I called and they said there was nothing they would do because it had been more than 30 days since I ordered. CarID is a sham website. Do not order from them, no matter how good the prices are.

Comments

• Ca
      Nov 13, 2012

Hello Simasike,
    My name is Tim and I am a CariD customer service supervisor. I just saw your review here and I would first like to sincerely apologize for your experience you had with us. It is part of my job to make sure that all of our customers here are completely satisfied with our service. I would like the opportunity to speak with you about your recent purchase and see what I can do to change your mind about us here. Unfortunately I cannot find your order in our system based off of all the information that I have available to me from your review. If you could, please call me at your earliest convenience at [protected] at extension 8803. If it is more convenient for you, you can email me at tim.[protected]@carid.com. I look forward to hearing from you so we can bring this matter to a resolution that would most benefit you and possibly change your mind about our company.
    Sincerely,
    Tim Hennika
    Customer Service Supervisor

• Ca
      Mar 27, 2013

Yeah, right now I'm in a big mess, that Car ID has put me in, and won't even fix their own mess. Ordered a pair of headlights about 8-9 days ago (wed 20th), so I can get it before Thursday (tomorrow) for my inspection, which my ten day tags expire tomorrow so I can get the inspection done. I had left a specific note (even though the headlights should of gotten way before Thursday (usually order, from California, via UPS ordering from Car ID, and it takes 4-5 days)) stating that I needed it before Thursday, due to the inspection needed and that my 10 day tags expired on Thursday. So on the next day after ordering it, I receive a e-mail stating that, it has been delayed, and that on that monday (25th) it would be shipped out. So Monday and Tuesday came around, and no email with tracking number, showing that its been shipped. I call to see whats going on, and the guy just says that "I'm sorry, I'll call the company to see whats going on, and I'll e-mail you definitely today". Never got the e-mail that day or the next day (now its Thursday the 27th), so I call today(27th), and the lady has me on hold for 5-10 mins, three times, and says that it won't be shipped out until April the 11th. At this point, I asked for a special, request, since that this was their fault, and that I needed to take my car to inspections( only car I got, to work and go to school), that they upgrade the shipping to overnight. But no, they don't even care, they refused, and only offered me a 30 dollar discount, or 3 day shipping, which by far, the biggest slap in the face I have ever received from a company ( since its their fault, and the package should of been at my doorsteps well before the 27th today and now I'm going to receive it about 2-3 weeks later costing me money, and time, and potentially a ticket that will cost me way way more that I paid for these lights). Not to mention a refund takes 3-5 days, and they don't even offer you a upgrade to the shipping, since its their fault. All I'm asking is for a freaking overnight upgrade, since its well far beyond of what it was supposed to be shipped to me.